A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Hey everyone,

as you might know, my family owns a Jazzclub in Vienna, Austria for 48 years now - the JAZZLAND.

We've played 2019 Worlds there, and several other high level events like Continentals (and more to come hopefully). But in "real life" it is a Jazz Club with live concerts almost every day each year.

Thanks to COVID we're also forced to be closed down. To give our fans something we've established a YouTube channel Jazzland_Vienna providing some live concerts using live streams. Two have already been played, at least two more are gonna come.

It's not easy for me to ask this great community for something else than Trek-stuff, but visiting our channel or even subscribe to it (completely free!!!) would be highly appreciated. And if you like the music streamed, the more the better :D
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:49 pm You had me sold at "jazz club". (And if I'm ever in your corner of the world I shall have to come visit!)
And if you do tell me in advance - so we can organize a tournament there as well for you :cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL:

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm not one for jazz, I'll admit; but as a music lover and occasional beer and coffee drinker, I do appreciate a special venue. And calling Jazzland a "club" could sell it hopelessly short. It's a cozy dungeon, a cave-like cellar, seemingly built (ages ago? Isn't the building much older than 50 years? What was it before?) and kept with love.
It was an awesome place to visit, and play & watch Trek.
I hope I'm not overhyping it, but being there almost(?) made me wish I liked Jazz, so I could experience it there sometime. 8)

Seriously, if you like jazz and/or a great atmospheric place to be, go check it out. :cheersR:

(And I wish you and your family all the best in trying times, Julius!)
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]