A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:09 am

Wil Wheaton starred in an episode of Criminal Minds, as did John Billingsley :)

Nana Visitor was in an early episode of Grimm
And MacGyver!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:32 pm Speaking of John de Lancie, he had a guest spot on one episode of Sportsnight (another really underrated show) as the CFO of the company. Definitely brought strong Q arrogance energy to that character.
Also Breaking Bad

Also, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (oops, Amber beat me to it)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Jason Isaacs (Lorca, for those who haven't watched Discovery) is Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:52 pm
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:32 pm Speaking of John de Lancie, he had a guest spot on one episode of Sportsnight (another really underrated show) as the CFO of the company. Definitely brought strong Q arrogance energy to that character.
Also Breaking Bad

Also, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (oops, Amber beat me to it)
It's a good enough show to be mentioned twice!

And I didn't realize he was in Breaking Bad... I thought there was only one reason I would ever watch part of that show again (Giancarlo... )!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
How about a couple examples of voice work from premiere episodes of cartoons?

In the first episode of Batman Beyond, George Takei voiced Mr. Fixx
, who killed Terry's father Warren (although the truth of Terry's parentage ended up somewhat complicated, and this isn't the place to go into it.)

In the first episode of The Critic, Jennifer "Kes" Lien voiced Valerie Fox, an actress who starts up a relationship with Jay
, but it turns out she's a terrible actress (insert your own jokes here) and was just trying to get a good review for her movie out of Jay.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:11 pm Deep cut:

Nana Visitor on an episode of Knightrider.
And Night Court!

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:52 pm And speaking of Warehouse 13 - Kate Mulgrew had a role there as well :)
Yes, Kate Mulgrew and Rene Auberjonois were both fantastic in that show. But my favourite (although, a bit backwards maybe?) Star Trek actor in that show was Saul Rubinek. Backwards because he was a minor guest on Trek, and one of the main cast on W13, but I loved it because when I saw the first episode I thought "Hey, that's Kivas Fajo! And... he's trying to collect all the rare one-of-a-kind artifacts? Wow, that REALLY IS Kivas Fajo!"

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Iron Prime wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:19 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:11 pm Deep cut:

Nana Visitor on an episode of Knightrider.
And Night Court!
Brent Spiner's recurring role on Night Court definitely deserves a mention here.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Maelwys wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 pm
Marquetry wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:52 pm And speaking of Warehouse 13 - Kate Mulgrew had a role there as well :)
Yes, Kate Mulgrew and Rene Auberjonois were both fantastic in that show. But my favourite (although, a bit backwards maybe?) Star Trek actor in that show was Saul Rubinek. Backwards because he was a minor guest on Trek, and one of the main cast on W13, but I loved it because when I saw the first episode I thought "Hey, that's Kivas Fajo! And... he's trying to collect all the rare one-of-a-kind artifacts? Wow, that REALLY IS Kivas Fajo!"
Yeah, and that last season combo with recurring-guest-star Brent Spiner really was a lot of fun!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oooh, now I remember Spiner in ID4 (Indep Day). Yes, at the time that felt really weird for me... 8) I
hated that he died
, but also could't get used to him not being Data... :P
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation