A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I am openly wondering how c0omprehensive this is supposed to be. My mom would love these two episodes but there would be a lot that I would have to explain to her and she probably would not get it.

One of my my favorite features of the franchise is that you really do not need to know any of the prior works to understand any one at random. There is greater appreciation, especially since they pay attention to details and such, but by and large they give you what you need to know what is going on.

WandaVision kind of bucks that trend though we will see what happens. Unlike other series this would not work as a film.

Originally this was just going to be six episodes but with this it looks like of the nine episodes, the first five will be a road through TV history. They could probably pull it off in a movie but I am not sure how.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Finally caught up on everything.
This show is simply incredible.
I'm at awe at how they're slowly rewriting the MCU.
Also am I the only one who's convinced that Agnes is an abbreviation for Agatha Harkness?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:55 am
Also am I the only one who's convinced that Agnes is an abbreviation for Agatha Harkness?
You are not the only one thinking that. :thumbsup:

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
There are times in the show, when Vision is being goofy or dim, that he reminds me of Hugh Laurie as the Prince Regent in Blackadder.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Well now that we got that reveal, will they actually dare to go as far as to show us
Mephisto
in this?
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Despite the trailer,
which made it clear that Agnes was the bad gal all along, I'm impressed how last week's episode created enough doubt about whether Agnes was also just in Wanda's control.

That said, I'm not sure why the reveal would be important at this point apart from moving the story along. Anyway, it does seem like the story needed it.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
OK, so Monica went through the barrier three times each time altering her DNA to the point where the third time, she has powers.

But but but, Darcy was caught in the field when if expanded past her. Is her DNA altered too? To a lesser extent than Monica but still modified.

And for that matter, what about the S.W.O.R.D. agent who were in the field when it expanded past them? Their DNA was altered, too, right? Again not to the same effect as Monica but altered nonetheless. And it is not an insignificant number of agent, right?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Perhaps that's what introduces mutants to the MCU.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]