A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I think the air combat scene in the beginning went about a quarter too long.
They made their point but the longer it took, the more it felt like a silly jump 'n' run game.
Other than that I liked it.
I especially liked their take on Bucky and how he's trying to make amends for all his murders.

Oh and did we just witness the introduction of
US Agent
?
If so, I'll be damned if the Hawkeye series doesn't lead into
West Coast Avengers
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Like @monty42 said, the air combat scene was definitely too long at the beginning. Aside from that, I enjoyed it. Definitely more enjoyable than Wanda.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
monty42 wrote: I think the air combat scene in the beginning went about a quarter too long.
They made their point but the longer it took, the more it felt like a silly jump 'n' run game.
That whole opening scene was entirely unnecessary. Just start off with Wilson giving the shield to the Smithsonian. Not everything needs a super high octane energy scene. Plus, the assassination scene scotched that itch for the premiere.
monty42 wrote:I especially liked their take on Bucky and how he's trying to make amends for all his murders.
It was fantastic for the two to have their own plots for the first episode. Not just that but plots entirely unrelated to Cap. Other than a throw away line, there is no connective tissue beyond trying to get back on their feet.
monty42 wrote:Oh and did we just witness the introduction of
US Agent
?
Pretty sure we did.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:35 pm Like @monty42 said, the air combat scene was definitely too long at the beginning. Aside from that, I enjoyed it. Definitely more enjoyable than Wanda.
We must be looking for different things in our shows because I thought Wandavision was amazing!

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:54 pm I've enjoyed the dive into the emotional states of the characters in Wand and Falcon.
Yes, it's a great deeper look at them... I already like these characters more, knowing more of what they're going through.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
MrVorlon wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:13 am
JeBuS wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:35 pm Like @monty42 said, the air combat scene was definitely too long at the beginning. Aside from that, I enjoyed it. Definitely more enjoyable than Wanda.
We must be looking for different things in our shows because I thought Wandavision was amazing!
also YES, I'm enjoying FATWS, but really loved Wandavision

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
I love that we're getting some deeper background stories on these characters and I think it's a brilliant strategy from Marvel.
They spend a lot of time developing their Tier 1 characters in Phase 1 and 2 so when it came to the big climax movies like Infinity War, they didn't have to spend a lot of time introducing characters and were able to dive into the story almost instantaneously.
Now that some of their big guns are gone and they have to pass the mantle on to their second Tier characters, I think giving us this character development in these shows is a clever move so they can be able to keep focusing their movies on telling awesome stories.

Let's all hail Kevin Feige:

"HAIL!"

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
I'm very disappointed in how this show turned out. :(
1EFQ: Game of two halves