A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I must want different things from my DC... I really enjoyed the Snyder Cut! (I also liked the original, but not as much as this, the extra character development helped). I like the Aquaman/Wonder Woman type movies, and couldn't get through Dark Knight... maybe I'll try again someday.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I really liked the Snyder Cut and prefer it over the original. The second half of the movie was especially fun.

TK
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Not to pile on, but I agree with Andrea and TK. There were definitely parts I missed from the original. "Save one person," was a great character moment. "Send in the big gun," was another one that was superior to having Lois just happen by. But overall, a much more satisfying version.

I saw a great tweet that suggested that film students should be tasked with trying to cut this down to two and a half hours with the caveat that they could script and plan reshoots for minor portions. Basically, "Do your own Joss on this." I personally can't imagine not being able to cut an hour without losing anything substantial. This is just a fascinating film occurrence that can be studied for years.

Check out some of the side-by-side comparisons on YouTube. You can see how Snyder's version was cut up and little changes were made to streamline a few things. But you can also see that lingering shots were shortened to add momentum. That's where most of the cuts in movies happen: coming in a little later or leaving a bit earlier. It can be good to let a moment breathe, but too much is indulgent. My personal feeling is that we have a Momma Bear and Poppa Bear situation and there exists a possible Baby Bear/Goldilocks "just right" cut. I think people will be trying their hands at that for years to come.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
I haven't been very interested in watching this cut of Justice League because my enjoyment of DC movies has historically been inversely proportional to how "Snydery" it is. Wonder Woman 84 was close to beating Shazam as my favorite DC movie until it took its Snydery turn towards the end.

That said, I have enjoyed non-DC Snyder movies, so the amount of praise I've seen for this version of Justice League may eventually move me to watch it. That's... that's a long time to sit and watch one thing for me though.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]