A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I was browsing Hill's Wholesale website tonight and I see that there is a Buffy CCG. I loved the tv show and I am kind of curious to hear if anyone here might have played the CCG? What are the pros and cons of the game? Is it worth purchasing?
Last edited by Tyberius_Deangelo on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I played in one tournament, just after the game was cancelled, because the other players begged me to play in order to sanction. I got hundreds, maybe thousands of cards out of it. And the gaelic Angelus promo.

I don't remember anything about the gameplay.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:14 pm I was browsing Hill's Wholesale website tonight and I see that there is a Buffy CCG. I loved the tv show and I am kind of curious to hear of anyone here might have played the CCG? What are the pros and cons of the game? Is it worth purchasing?
My college roommate played it. I liked it. You could get victory points for fighting or for completing the equivalent of missions.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:49 am Thanks, Brian. Do you happen to recall if you enjoyed your brief experience with the game?
I really don't remember the actual playing at all.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Same here. I recall that some card eventually forced everyone to the cemetery for a rumble. There was also an upgrade feature, evolving a character to a higher form (like vamping out or the Mayor becoming a demon). For the most part, that didn't seem worth putting your time into, so I wasn't thrilled that the game mostly stayed on the basic level.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
The Guardian wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:24 pm Same here. I recall that some card eventually forced everyone to the cemetery for a rumble.
Controlling Sunnydale Park was one of the victory conditions, so you couldn't just faff about hiding or doing challenges.

By lotjx2
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I just like building decks and the show. Its a very basic game of powering up a character or two to destroy your opponent. The Buffy and Vampire decks are the most powerful.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]