A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Arkham Horror (The) (Living) Card Game (AH-LCG/AH-TCG).

Q1:
Has anybody played it?

Q1b:
Is it uncannily eerie, too much so for the feebly fragile mortal human mind to grace with any semblemce of feasible comprehension?

(HPL adjective overdose intended.)

Q2:
Does anybody have a working Lackey plugin?

The only one I found installs seemingly adequately, but is subsequently glitchy when "downloading all images(!)" -- it reports errors about missing .dek(!) files, and it stops downloading immediately. And after having done it manually (go past all cards in deck builder tab :roll: ), still not all images are present.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have the entire collection of Arkham LCG! It is a fantastic game that is both an roleplaying game in that you earn XP to upgrade your character and each campaign has a very rich story and can change based on the investigator you play with and the choices you make in game. This game has a lot of replayability.

I have never bothered with Lackey for the game since I own the entire physical collection

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:12 pmThis game has a lot of replayability.
I especially wondered about that.

Thanks for your review!

Update:
4 of us tried to tie things together, last night. One was along for the ride. One knew the AH table top and other HPL games. One had read up on the game's publication and knew generic things. I was the HPL buff (which did absolutely nothing for us) and the one who had to introduce the other 3 to Lackey.
In a few hours, we didn't even get to play a full round of turns. But we figured out how Lackey handles the game (with a bit more logic, and bells and whistles, than Trek -- and that hampered the first gameplay IMO, because things happened automatically!) and how to set it all up.
I felt it has awesome potential, which I hope will pay off if we can get purselves to go forward. Because I also think it's extremely complex, and a huge nerdy investment.
But I'm quite the HPL addict, so... bring on the impending cosmic doom.

I can still use any help and tips, from you or anyone!

Would you like to play a game? Is it possible to play isolated games? Do you have deck lists? (I can enter them in Lackey if you want.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
@Ausgang, I read here that you also play Arkham Horror.
Are you willing to help me gain traction byplaying a single test game, online?
I think I have the Lackey side down (in case you don't), and if you want/need, I can input decks for us if I get a list.
But many default starter decks and their campaign/common decks are already included in the plugin.

(
Cleaning up my messy drafts... wrote this weeks ago!? I chose to post this in public, because half year from now I'd never be able to find any relevant info back in my PM inbox.
)

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:24 am @Ausgang, I read here that you also play Arkham Horror.
Sure, we can do that. Wasn't aware that there's a plugin for lackey. I occasionally played it on OCTGN with a friend.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ausgang wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:16 pm
SudenKapala wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:24 am @Ausgang, I read here that you also play Arkham Horror.
Sure, we can do that. Wasn't aware that there's a plugin for lackey.
Cool! Do you have something in mind? A campaign, and decks we can use? I can see if they're pre-built, then -- or I can build them.
I occasionally played it on OCTGN with a friend.
Never used that. I just tried, because I know Lackey; and got Luckey.

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:32 pmCool! Do you have something in mind? A campaign, and decks we can use? I can see if they're pre-built, then -- or I can build them.
I understood that you wanted to do one test game (i.e. one scenario) rather than a full campaign. Because for the latter I don't have the time at the moment. But I can definitely clear the 2 hours for one scenario at an evening.

Have you ever played the game before? If not, the campaign from the base game is the best. Since the first scenario is quick and easy, we might even do two scenarios then. I'd just pull two decks from arkhamdb.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ausgang wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:38 am I understood that you wanted to do one test game (i.e. one scenario) rather than a full campaign.
Oh, I mixed up the terms; my bad. You understood correctly, I also have little time ATM.

Providence (or... not?): with that totally inexperienced group (which I mentioned in the first posts), we might continue the first scenario next saturday.
So it would be great to get some more game time in before then! :cross:

(I'd like to keep the generic discussions about the game details in public, FFR and so my group can read along; but shall we move the scheduling to private message?)

Those starter decks might be pre-built in the plugin; at least I thought so, and we used them. Same with the campaign/scenario deck(s).
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]