A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Loved it. That one episode had so much character, style, world-building, and intrigue.

I'm all in.

That said, just think of the never ending stories capable Paramount producers could have mined with the Star Trek Department of Temporal Investigations and an ounce of the inspiration this episode of Loki had? Sigh…

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I loved it as well.

I did quite like WandaVision, but not necessarily as a Marvel-show.
CF&WS was nice, but nothing special.

But this first episode both drew me in the Marvel-universe, and was a lot of fun with a bit of intrigue. Very much looking forward to the next weeks.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
This is the first TV series they were able to do without impact from recent events.

We got Owen Wilson into the MCU! Not only that but he is almost unrecognizable. He has great chemistry with Hiddelston. The "Joe Friday" part of the role is growing on me but this is a huge win for the franchise especially considering they are going multiple seasons with this series, one of only two getting that honor at this point, both of whom got it in advance of the first airing.

The biggest issue is we've already seen the redemption arc for Loki. For fucks sake, they shoed it to Loki in this episode, though that did not prevent Marvel from doing a Marvel Legends piece on the guy! This just seems like a step backwards for the character, especially since he went through that entire arc again in this very episode. It was great acting but there is nowhere for him to go beyond solving the crime and getting justice for another version of himself.

On top of ti all, there is a whole hand if not a thumb on the scale. The Avengers got a pass for ... reasons. The time stone is also exempt? They might as well have just said that they can do whatever they want.

And what kind of system gives you a YouTube video and has you defend your right to existence in as much time whiteout an explanation or some sort of legal assistance?
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:47 am On top of ti all, there is a whole hand if not a thumb on the scale. The Avengers got a pass for ... reasons. The time stone is also exempt? They might as well have just said that they can do whatever they want.

And what kind of system gives you a YouTube video and has you defend your right to existence in as much time whiteout an explanation or some sort of legal assistance?
This is the interesting part of the show imo. The time travel is clearly ridiculous and explained by "shut the hell up and go away" but the philosophical questions are interesting, even though it's only a Marvel show.

Super powerful beings determining everything in existences fate and also punishing people for committing 'crimes' they had no way of knowing were even crimes in order to prevent the 'theoretical' destruction of everything in existence.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:47 am The Avengers got a pass for ... reasons. The time stone is also exempt? They might as well have just said that they can do whatever they want.

Let's not forget that this is only what we've been told by the people who've been told. We haven't met the Timekeepers yet. And I suspect they're something very different than what the TVA believes them to be so there might well be a very different reason for all of this.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Well the TVA/Timekeepers protect the 'sacred timeline' that involves time travel they don't crackdown on ALL time travel. In fact there would be variants that are deemed so specifically because they didn't time travel, theoretically if Tony Stark didn't decide to help the Avenger's to perfect the time travel devices in End Game then he would be a variant.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
monty42 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:13 am Let's not forget that this is only what we've been told by the people who've been told. We haven't met the Timekeepers yet. And I suspect they're something very different than what the TVA believes them to be so there might well be a very different reason for all of this.
Dammit, I love being right all the time!

Conqueror
confirmed!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation