A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pohjanpalo is one of us. Eisern Union Berlin! But a sad thing happened: I hope that the Danish player will get well soon. Belgium and England are my guesses for the title. I am afraid that Germany will suck. Especially in that heavy group with Portugal and France. What are your guesses? Who will become European Champion?

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I mean I want to say North Macedonia but on the other hand the Nations League was probably Platini's brainchild so I dunno if I actually want those teams to be successful.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Qatar was a questionable decision, to put it mildly.

As for Kazakhstan, if you're referring to its membership in UEFA, there is a small part in Europe; it's less egregious, geographically, than Israel playing in Europe, Australia in Asia, or Guyana and Suriname in North America.

As for how Germany will do, I guess we'll see how much that team misses Mesut Özil.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Özil is too old and not good anymore. He never sung the German anthem on purpose and posed with dictator Erdogan. I have nothing against him, he played very well in 2014 but the majority of German fans cannot forgive given escapades.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I believe in England. They have the best fans. But remember 1996: Gareth Southgate. The whole of England is with you... And it is safe.... Safe! We have the best goalkeepers, we never lose a penalty shootout. In 2013 whilst visiting Wembley we had a great guide. Any Germans here? We raised our hands. Please grant us the title of 1966... The ball was in... No, it was not, but we graciously grant you the title since you are the motherland of football :) .

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I just read that there is trouble in the French team. Good. We really need that :) . I am just so excited for tomorrow. Auf geht's Schland! England and Belgium did well as predicted. But the Netherlands yesterday were also really good despite for some of their stars missing.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
People in my country tend to support England because of all the overpaid, overhyped stars in the EPL, or maybe other countries that have players in the EPL like Spain, Portugal, France, Brazil, Argentina etc.

In all global competitions I therefore support Germany in order to be as far away from that nonsense as possible. It also helps that my family once came from there.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I can understand your point of view. I just like England for their humour, Liverpool and the Trek players. Trek Continentals in 2014 there were a blast. I am afraid, that we have ourselves never met in person, cause Tobias or Ben told me what a nice person you are. Fritz Meißner... There cannot be any more German name :) .
I am out of 2E, it is dull and stain. I have been playing the same Romulan deck in High Level events since 2013. I apprecciate Tjark's and the rest of the others work but it cannot match 1E. But I will try your format. I have only heard good from that as well.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
German Football sucks! I simply can't wait until the Jogi Löw era is over. Let's hope Hansi Flick can come up with a better strategy than to go for ball posession, hold it in the mid-field until every defender is in position only to smash their heads against a brick wall and lose the ball before they even reach the penalty box.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I've been out of touch with football for too long to know that there was unhappiness about the German team.

You know what this means though, right? They finish second in their group and then beat everyone in the knockouts 4-0 until they lose in the finals to Brazil or, um, Spain.

Unrelated, how is Thomas Mueller still playing!?
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:52 pm I can understand your point of view. I just like England for their humour, Liverpool and the Trek players. Trek Continentals in 2014 there were a blast.
I live in London now, so there must be something good about the country :).
I am afraid, that we have ourselves never met in person, cause Tobias or Ben told me what a nice person you are. Fritz Meißner... There cannot be any more German name :) .
Thanks! My heritage is inescapable because of the name. My father's first name is Friedrich so perhaps that is even more German, but he also goes by Fritz :).
But I will try your format. I have only heard good from that as well.
Awesome! Right now I am working on two preconstructed decks as an easy starting point. The big problem is that it is easy to create an entire bridge crew that cannot stopped, or cannot be randomly selected etc. But at least these decks are fun to play against each other.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah @nobthehobbit , Nordmazedonien my ass :) .

Germany played fantastic... I was so surprised... If we play that way against Hungary it is not Germany but either the reigning European Champion or the reigning World Champion that will be kicked out but not us.

They should not discuss about Corbett being reinstated but James Hoskin. His soccer threads were always full of joy and excitement. But it seems that you boring people are not interested in soccer :) .

Either way, Deutschland is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZROJAdtK1GM

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:53 am They should not discuss about Corbett being reinstated but James Hoskin. His soccer threads were always full of joy and excitement.
I don't have strong feelings about soccer one way or the other, but it's my understanding that James left on his own. AFAIK he's not banned by anyone on this side of things.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]