A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So I made a couple of eBay purchases recently, representing the two games I'm normally associated with around here.

First, I picked up a pack of the premium cards from the Adversaries Collection, probably sold by someone who just wanted the packs within the main box. Mainly, I had always liked the Archive Portrait concept in 2E and this seemed the cheapest way to have a couple of those, as well as other decent cards for 2E. While my 2E collection is never going to rival my All-but-AGT 1E Collection (even for the sake of completion, I can't justify paying beyond a certain amount for a card), I do find certain concepts in 2E interesting.

Second, I finally picked up a Tribbles set, still sealed (though I unwrapped it before this picture). I tried playing Tribbles years ago with a friend with my 1E cards and it seemed decent fun, so I always wanted the entire collection of Decipher released cards for it, which seems to be the cards from 1E and this box. ;)
Attachments:
IMG_0918.jpg
IMG_0918.jpg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 9633 times

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
No judgement.

I'm buying Star WARS CCG stuff...

:? :shifty: :P
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I'm quietly buying Magic sealed product again. Not that I can get anyone to draft it with me.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Ausgang wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:11 am I am eagerly awaiting this and hope a few of my friends will saddle up too!
Wow, blast from scrye magazine past!

A forum member who shall remain nameless has gotten me into his decipher lotr discord. I played my first game since 2004, good times!

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:16 pm I'm quietly buying Magic sealed product again. Not that I can get anyone to draft it with me.
I, just last month, did a draft MTG game with my oldest 3. We had 16 conspiracy cards and 11 kaldheim packs. It was... interesting? They still take me out first every game, though. Smart little buggers.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Ausgang wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:11 am I am eagerly awaiting this and hope a few of my friends will saddle up too!
Is that the same as the FF living game remake, or did they rebuild the rules-set again?

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
AllenGould wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:09 pm
Is that the same as the FF living game remake, or did they rebuild the rules-set again?
What do you mean with FF? Do you mean Fantasy Flight Games? Unlike the vast majority of LCGs Doomtown Reloaded was published by AEG rather than FFG. Since they dropped it a few years ago, some of the game's designer founded their own company (Pine Box Entertainment) and took over the licence. Regarding your question, as far as I understood it, they will rework some of the mechanics (like Kung Fu) and reset the card pool for standard tournaments (since most of the AEG product is oop). The game will basically stay the same. We will know the full extent of changes when they go live on Kickstarter.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Ah, my bad - thought it was part of the whole FF LCG system.

Will be nice if the pool stays the same - haven't really had a chance to try out the Reloaded box yet! :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
A few months ago I dug out my old 1998-99-era Doomtown cards. I had enough to build 6 reasonable decks, plus a "hoyle" deck (one of each rank and suit). The extras went back into my "other CCG Cards" box, probably for a long time to come.

If anyone ever wants to play OG Deadlands, I got the cards, just need some poker chips!

8)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I got the Raw Deal fever around February and have built up a non-trivial collection (~2k cards) since. It's been fun introducing my kids to wrestlers i watched in my late teens/ early 20s and the game mechanics are simple enough for them to play and enjoy without too much cognitive overload (one of their complaints about Trek).

That plus the fact that the other Trek degenerates are living in exile on Raw Deal Island makes it fun.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Since this thread quickly morphed into "What else am I playing?" and most of the answers aren't Trek-related, I decided it would be more at home in The Buzz than All Things Trek.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]