A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
@Professor Scott

Looks like our sabers have 3/5 common components. I went with a different top sleeve and switch, but have the same emitter, bottom sleeve, and pommel. Good stuff! :cheersL:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
:cheersR:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:16 am @Hoss-Drone looks like the Gen2 Elemental Nature set is now available at Disneyland.

Dan-O covered it here:
https://youtu.be/RXpvKuwLJh0
I watched all the vids you linked and power and control is what I'm going to go with. Growing up I just remember thinking how cool Vader's saber was and anybody who really knows me can easily guess what kyber crystal I will get as my main choice.

Thanks a bunch for the heads up. I'll also be on the lookout for sir James I guess.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:37 am
Armus wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:16 am @Hoss-Drone looks like the Gen2 Elemental Nature set is now available at Disneyland.

Dan-O covered it here:
I watched all the vids you linked and power and control is what I'm going to go with. Growing up I just remember thinking how cool Vader's saber was and anybody who really knows me can easily guess what kyber crystal I will get as my main choice.

Thanks a bunch for the heads up. I'll also be on the lookout for sir James I guess.
Cool!

Might want to see what the Gen2 P&C looks like before finalizing that decision (it hasn't dropped yet as far as I know), as they'll probably be at Disneyland before you go, but I'm glad you're liking what you're seeing.

I hope you have as much fun with it as I did. It's some legit Disney magic.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:00 am

Dan-O covered it here:

Cool!

Might want to see what the Gen2 P&C looks like before finalizing that decision (it hasn't dropped yet as far as I know), as they'll probably be at Disneyland before you go, but I'm glad you're liking what you're seeing.

Good point but looking at the elemental went from gen1 to gen2 I would think that anything they do with it won't affect my opinion accept for the better as they would likely just Incorporate more palatine.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:24 pm

Cool!

Good point but looking at the elemental went from gen1 to gen2 I would think that anything they do with it won't affect my opinion accept for the better as they would likely just Incorporate more palatine.
I found a picture of the Gen2 Power and Control:

https://wdwnt.com/2022/05/new-looks-and ... axys-edge/

This was from last May when the Gen2 Saber Refresh was announced so I'm not sure if it's final or not. Unlike the other 3, I haven't seen any updates on the Gen2 P&C yet.

That said, these things look pretty badass. I'm not sure this style is my jam, but that trident style emitter looks pretty sweet.

I'm currently in the middle of planning my own Disney trip for late spring so I'm plugged back into all of the news updates. I'll let you know if/ when I see anything else worth mentioning.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:30 am
Hoss-Drone wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:24 pm

Cool!

I found a picture of the Gen2 Power and Control:

https://wdwnt.com/2022/05/new-looks-and ... axys-edge/

This was from last May when the Gen2 Saber Refresh was announced so I'm not sure if it's final or not. Unlike the other 3, I haven't seen any updates on the Gen2 P&C yet.

That said, these things look pretty badass. I'm not sure this style is my jam, but that trident style emitter looks pretty sweet.

I'm currently in the middle of planning my own Disney trip for late spring so I'm plugged back into all of the news updates. I'll let you know if/ when I see anything else worth mentioning.

We got our flights and hotel booked. Tickets to the park reserved. Going Feb 21 -25. Really looking forward to being there and getting my power and control saber.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:23 am Did the thing!
Looks great!

What did you think of the experience?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:25 am
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:23 am Did the thing!
Looks great!

What did you think of the experience?
Loved it. Moved a little quick but still good. Both Carrie and I really loved Galaxy edge as a whole. We are both huge fans of the rise of the resistance ride.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fantastic! I'm glad you had a good time!
(Rise of the Resistance is a great ride)

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I had hoped they would eventually expand it and drop the cost. I can see it being worth it for such a unique experience. But as it was it was just too much for too little... :shrug:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]