A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Is there a decent mobile app for the forums? I remember there used be an app a long time ago (taptalk?) that was full of adds and sluggish.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Mugato wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:16 pm Is there a decent mobile app for the forums? I remember there used be an app a long time ago (taptalk?) that was full of adds and sluggish.
Tapatalk got shut down because @bhosp discovered a security flaw that left secret nerd deliberations open to outsider viewing.

The best part was that he got banned for 60 days for his trouble... :roll:
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I was wondering this too.

TK
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:39 pm The best part was that he got banned for 60 days for his trouble... :roll:
The line between white-hats, gray-hats, and black-hats is often as thin as whether one follows responsible disclosure, full disclosure, or simply using the exploit. Those around at the time will recall which path Mr. Hosp opted to take.

His ban was well-deserved.

(IIRC, it ended up a 60-day ban because the mods chose to go easy on him and treat it as a Rule 11 sanction -- which was simply added to his already large heap of well-earned sanctions to yield the ban length-- rather than a Rule 9 sanction, where the mods could have exercised discretion to ban him for a year. But I may not be remembering correctly, and am not interested enough to review the public mod logs.)

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:21 am (IIRC, it ended up a 60-day ban because the mods chose to go easy on him and treat it as a Rule 11 sanction -- which was simply added to his already large heap of well-earned sanctions to yield the ban length-- rather than a Rule 9 sanction, where the mods could have exercised discretion to ban him for a year. But I may not be remembering correctly, and am not interested enough to review the public mod logs.)
There was no provision for a sixty-day ban under the old rules. We chose to treat Ben's actions as what they were, a Rule 15 offence (which allowed us to sanction for actions that damaged the forums while technically not violating then-extant rules), and then determined the length of the ban by a discussion among the moderators. We opted for sixty days since it would be harsher than any non-indefinite Rule 11/13 sanction, but would still allow Ben to participate fully in that year's Period of Review.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
There's no trustworthy app that I know of that integrates with the forum software. Tapatalk was the app we used before, but... the company was terrible at updating their software to account for security holes they introduced. So, we made the decision to discontinue it.

It would be nice to have better push notifications. But... I haven't yet seen a good solution that works with our software and doesn't cost a bunch o' $$.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]