A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With WWE RAW DEAL KING OF THE RING coming up in just over a month, we're firing up pickem!

It's going to be a little different this time. All you have to do is pick the winner. That's it. But to give all the options a fair shot, we're going to break it down this way:

Here's the known options of players who will be there based on the most current information I have:

Brian Sykes
Ben Hosp
Sandy Barnabas
Phil Schrader
John Corbett
Brandy Corbett
Austin Chandler
Any Kid
Any Raw Deal Rando

Current kid count is sitting at ~6
Current rando count is sitting at 0 for the moment, but the word is starting to get out, so I'd be *very* surprised if nobody showed up.

For purposes of this contest, a "Raw Deal Rando" is any player who's not a kid who is also not already in the TrekCC Tournament System.

I'll be updating the attendee list as more people make their intentions known.

In the meantime... did I say there were PRIZES? Why, yes, yes I did!

Anyone who picks 2 out of 3 winners correctly (1e, 2e, Raw Deal Main Event) gets a $25 travel voucher good at any future Tower of Commerce Event. And because we want to generate as much interest as possible, the voucher is FULLY TRANSFERABLE if you have friends or family going to an event that you can't make.

Now, if somebody has the crystal ball and they can pick ALL THREE main event winners, they get the Trifecta Prize: A $100 Travel Voucher for a future ToC event, ALSO Fully Transferable.

And while there's no cost to enter this contest (because gambling laws are a thing), we do limit entries to one per person, though you can change your picks anytime up until 11AM Central Time the day of the event (or 1 Hour before kickoff). Any new picks or changes made after that time will not be accepted.

So that's it. Easy, right? Good luck! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'm feeling pretty good about my main event deck. While there's any number of crazy things that could happen, I think I have a real shot here.

That said, I'm taking the kid field. I know John has cooked up some quality stuff for his boys, and my older son's deck beat me in playtesting last time, so who knows what might happen? Given the sheer amount of crazy, I want a pick with multiple outs, even if that means I pick against myself.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Guess I should have had more confidence in myself. I won the bracket, giving @Professor Scott and @Iron Prime a point in the Pickem contest. The 1e event is tonight. Stay tuned!
Attachments:
50947.jpeg
50947.jpeg (1010.96 KiB) Viewed 3955 times

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Unfortunately, nobody took any of @KillerB 's money in the form of a future ToC travel voucher, as nobody got 2 picks correct.

That's OK though. Based on the reaction of everybody in attendance, this was the first King of the Ring weekend, but it probably won't be the last, which means there'll be more Pickem opportunities down the line.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who participated, both in the events themselves and in the online Pickem contest!

Until next time! :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation