A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Halloween is ten (plus one0 days away and while the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror disappointed, how are things in your neck of the woods? Any fun treats? Costumes?

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
My wife loves Halloween and I really don't care about it either way. I told her I didn't care what cute couple costume we do (since those make her happy), just as long as we figure it out well in advance and I don't feel like I'm wearing a plastic garbage bag costume.

So we planned out everything well in advance and we got some sweet Steampunk costume sets.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The kids costumes are coming along this year. Sprout is going as Cloud from Final Fantasy VII. He built the sword a couple of weeks ago. My contribution so far has been cutting the sleeves off a mock turtleneck I found at Goodwill and the loan of an old pair of my motorcycle boots (yes, he can wear my shoes now!!!).

Little Bit wants to be a crewmate from Among Us. This is the easiest costume ever, as it required me to buy her a matching pair of magenta sweatpants and a hoodie. We already have ski goggles and a backpack of a similar color. We’ll be hanging a sign around her neck that says suss. We might also do a roll of TP for a hat.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
My 6-year-old, Rook, and I went to a Spirit Halloween and looked around until we decided on him being the Joker for Halloween. My 3-year-old, Rubik, doesn't rank a big decision on his own yet, so I'll probably put him in a knight costume we got in a box of hand-me-downs from another family. I can still rock my longer hair with my Winter Soldier costume, so I think I'll do that.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
The Guardian wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:18 pm My 6-year-old, Rook, and I went to a Spirit Halloween and looked around until we decided on him being the Joker for Halloween. My 3-year-old, Rubik, doesn't rank a big decision on his own yet, so I'll probably put him in a knight costume we got in a box of hand-me-downs from another family. I can still rock my longer hair with my Winter Soldier costume, so I think I'll do that.
Let me get this straight, you have a Chess piece that wants to be a villain based on a playing card, and a Logic Puzzle that will be a Chess Piece?
 -  
Marquetry wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:18 pm Winter Soldier costume?! He's one of my favorites... :)
I'll make sure I take pictures.
Professor Scott wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:56 pm
The Guardian wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:18 pm My 6-year-old, Rook, and I went to a Spirit Halloween and looked around until we decided on him being the Joker for Halloween. My 3-year-old, Rubik, doesn't rank a big decision on his own yet, so I'll probably put him in a knight costume we got in a box of hand-me-downs from another family. I can still rock my longer hair with my Winter Soldier costume, so I think I'll do that.
Let me get this straight, you have a Chess piece that wants to be a villain based on a playing card, and a Logic Puzzle that will be a Chess Piece?
:thumbsup: I never thought of it that way, but we definitely thought about the fact that Rook's name meant that he would grow up to be a supervillain ... or a professional golfer? We probably tipped the scales a little; his middle name is "Arkham." His mother wanted her children to have the same first two initials as her and her siblings: RA, so the first boy is named Rook Arkham and the second one is named (just as nerdily) Rubik Adama. Some day they might hate me, but for now, I just love what we named them.
 -  
So, after daycare lost some of the knight costume, we switched to R2-D2 for my younger one, but here's how the costumes turned out.
Rook.jpeg
Rook.jpeg (719.96 KiB) Viewed 4214 times
Rubik.jpeg
Rubik.jpeg (744.29 KiB) Viewed 4214 times
Richard.jpeg
Richard.jpeg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 4214 times
EDIT: Updated with the full pictures and not the thumbnails. Oops.
Last edited by The Guardian on Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Sprout and Little Bit
85B6CCDF-B1F7-4560-BAB7-F93DD38913F3.jpeg
85B6CCDF-B1F7-4560-BAB7-F93DD38913F3.jpeg (95.53 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
03569ABB-EDB2-4213-BA9B-A113F80A4883.jpeg
03569ABB-EDB2-4213-BA9B-A113F80A4883.jpeg (65.71 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Guardian wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:42 pm Very cool. Rook liked the Among Us costume. I'm impressed by the sword.
Thanks! Your little guys were very cute, and you make an excellent Winter Soldier.

We also realized that Little Bit could also be mistaken for the guards on Squid Game. We didn't know this until we started watching it on Halloween. :o
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation