A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hi. I'd wager not many of the regulars on this Forum remember me, especially after I've been completely absent the past couple years. But before that, I go back to the Decipher Forum days with this community, and was actually pretty active on the forums (under a different screen name) around 2001.

Anyway ... I've designed a XCG that's in Beta Testing. (XCG just meaning a CCG that isn't marketed through random booster packs.) And a deep, dark secret of my game is ... that it gets a lot of its best ideas from my first CCG, Star Trek 1st Edition CCG, which I played starting in 1997 or 1998.

In fact, for a while I contemplated making a STCCG 3e of my own on these Forums, taking the best parts of 1e and 2e and injecting some modern game design. I didn't end up getting very far with that project, but it was kind of a spiritual predecessor to my current game, Udacha XCG.

So, I thought today ... why not see if anyone still in this community would like to see what I've been able to do with ideas they're already fond of? So I'm here recruiting playtesting volunteers. (Playtesting occurs mostly on Tabletop Simulator on Steam.)

Please respond with any questions or interest!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]