A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
-- hope you guessed my name.

Just droping in to say hi, y'all.

I haven't forgotten about Star Wars... ah... Trek, was it? 8)

Obviously, I haven't been around. Due to life happening (incessantly, I might add), I even missed Worlds. Multiple reasons. Moving around. Finance. Aside from IRL things, both my PCs have been severely on the fritz.

(I must admit/the whole truth is, that I have trouble following events, anyway, if I'm not in them myself. More so than usual, the past weeks. Another fact -- which I've undoubtedly shared before -- is that my hobby activities/interests shift periodically; I never leave 'forever', but Trek isn't my sole obsession. And I can entertain only one obsession at a time. :mrgreen: )

So. I guess I'm still on a prolonged hiatus. And I'll still be back, eventually. All of this has happened before, and will happen again. (Insert Cylon emoticon? :borg: )

Anyway! I trust there were loads of fun had by all, this month, in Chicago!

---

I started writing the above on my phone, days ago, to revise/post it when my PCs would agree with me. Then, an eerie-sounding remark about Boffo caught my eye. And then, indeed, I found the article about his passing. That hit me. Dave was one of the people I had a lot of digital contact with, over the years. We had some in-depth discussions in which his views, thoughtfulness, and mildness/kindness often surprised me in the best way. Aside from his worth to the game and community, I considered him a close Trek pal. Some of my non-CCG friends even knew the name 'Boffo', because he meant something to me -- even if we spoke only by text.
To read about his passing (and at his age), sort of took the heart out of my fly-by visit here. (I wanted to read and write and ask more about Worlds, for one -- but I have no inspiration. I might make a few posts today/tomorrow, though.)

I regret that I never got to talk to him via audio, nor did we play a single game. I always thought we'd get around to that sometime.

Belatedly, I wish his family and close ones (including his pupils and collegues) all the best.
And also, to lesser extent, this community and Dave's gameplay friends. We'll miss him. Let's honour him by keeping the memes topics -- and other threads of his -- filled?

Cheers.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]