A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'm sad to report that the Trek Community has lost one of its members.

Tiffany Getz, long time partner of Ben Hosp, died on Tuesday, January 11, 2022 from complications of Neurofibromatosis type 2. She now joins both her earthly and heavenly fathers in Heaven.

Tiffany enjoyed playing Netrunner CCG and Tribbles, and participated in several TrekCC Tribbles events, both in Virginia with the DC/Team Jersey crew, and at GenCon in 2014, where she won one of the famous "Tribbles at 10" tournaments, eclipsing 1 million lifetime tribbles in doing so.

I only knew Tiffany a short time, as her declining health precluded her from traveling to tournaments in later years, but I know Ben cared deeply for her, and I mourn with my friend for his loss.

In lieu of condolences, Tiffany would ask that you remember her by reading "More Than A Carpenter"--which Ben can provide (PM him at bhosp) --and pass it along to someone else when you're done.

Rest in Peace, Tiffany. You will be missed.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
:( I didn't know Tiffany but I played a game with Ben at Worlds. I can't imagine. I'm very sorry to hear this.
Ben, I wish you all the strength and warmth you need. :cross:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I did meet Tiffany once at GenCon and absolutely adored her. I am so sorry to hear of her passing.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]