A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I just heard about Storm Eunice from a friend in Wales, whose roof blew off and squashed his car. I thought I’d check in with the UK and Dutch folks here to see if you’re all ok.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/02/18/worl ... index.html

Apparently a similar storm, Dudley, went through Scotland and more northern areas last week too?
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Fritzinger wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:38 pm Nick lost power at home for a while, but the rest of us didn't see or hear much.
It’s good to know that there wasn’t much damage for the London crew.
Fritzinger wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:38 pm Train line closures did stop Danny from getting to trek today, sadly.
😢

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:40 am I just heard about Storm Eunice from a friend in Wales, whose roof blew off and squashed his car. I thought I’d check in with the UK and Dutch folks here to see if you’re all ok.
I hope your friend can get their stuff together soon. :(
New Bajor Region (Belgium and Netherlands, indeed; not sure about e.g. Luxembourgh) was 'hit' as well. I've heard preliminary serious reports and we received this general phone message alert thing (which happens only 1x/2x per year), suggesting we stay indoors.
In my vicinity, it seems only a tree was cut down preemptively today; in the past years, I've seen squashed cars. :(
Heard from family that quite some trees were felled, some 100km distant.
I haven't kept up with the news, so not sure about more serious matters.

TL;DR: I'm okay; and I'm fairly certain @Latro and @Ias are fine, also.

Good luck to those who've been compromised! :cross:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I was fine, Gary is still alive and texting, Lofty is alive, texting and meeting Mike later, Niall probably drank through it…

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:57 pm I was fine, Gary is still alive and texting, Lofty is alive, texting and meeting Mike later, Niall probably drank through it…
Ah, so that's why I can't get a hold of him for our game! :lol:
(Honestly, should I be worried? It didn't even occur to me, until reading all this. :? @Sexecutioner to the orange courtesy phone, please. :cross: )
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:51 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:40 am I just heard about Storm Eunice from a friend in Wales, whose roof blew off and squashed his car. I thought I’d check in with the UK and Dutch folks here to see if you’re all ok.
He seems to be in good spirits, despite having a roof on his car. And most importantly - his motorcycle didn't suffer any damage. :lol:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:35 pm
SudenKapala wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:51 pm
He seems to be in good spirits, despite having a roof on his car. And most importantly - his motorcycle didn't suffer any damage. :lol:
Huh. And here I was, thinking motorcycles actually need roofs.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
It wasn't the best decision to go to the office on Friday, as I had to bike back home. I was blown off the bike path by a gust of wind, and drove into a lantern pole; but besides a slight bruise on my arm and leg, doing okay!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation