A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I haven't had Five Guys since I worked as the Fry Guy, and I never bought my own food then so I can't comment on the prices. I loved it then, though. But that was... More than a decade ago? The fries do go soggy fast, but if you actually eat them straight from the frier they are crisp on the outside and smooth on the inside. I never enjoyed hand shaping and weighing the burger patties, but it was awesome to work morning shift, in at 8 off at 4. I agree that the American Cheese they use isn't the best cheese. It comes pre-sliced in logs. But it's not a Kraft Single, and it is the best way for consistent product. I loved the fact that their fries are potatoes up until the day you buy them. And the peanuts. Did you know that it is a measure of pride for them that there isn't a freezer in their stores?

The top offs for the fries was fun and I enjoyed the act of tossing in the extra fries.

It was also the only food place I have ever worked that had the whole kitchen take lunch at the same time, so we would be ready for the lunch crowd the moment we opened the door.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have been underwhelmed by Five Guys everytime I have tried them. For a fast food or fast casual burger I prefer Steak N Shake or Smashburger. I also like Buona, but nobody outside the Chicago suburbs will know what that is.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
As someone who moved to CA instead of being raised around here... In N Out has always felt extremely overrated to me. Like, I get 20 years ago comparing to to BK or MCD it would win. But I'll take 5 Guys, shake shack, or virtually any of the mid-range burger places over it. I especially don't understand the super long lines for it.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
boromirofborg wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:22 pm As someone who moved to CA instead of being raised around here... In N Out has always felt extremely overrated to me. I especially don't understand the super long lines for it.
Apparently the name 'In and Out' does not refer to short wait times, but how it quickly it passes through you?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]