A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By ikeya (David Kuck)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
edgeofhearing wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:02 pm For information on NFTs and how they work, I highly recommend this video by Folding Ideas. Yes, it's over two and a quarter hours long, but it covers everything from the technology behind them to how they're used (and why they are so frequently the subject of scams).
I watched the whole thing (admittedly at 2x) and I would caution folks to take what he says with a proverbial grain of salt. He brings up some very fair criticisms around privacy, scams, hard to use, etc. and I even found myself agreeing with some of his arguments and criticisms.
However, every new technology has growing pains. He skewers some of the actors in his film for using fallacies but employs a generous amount of strawman arguments and ad hominem attacks himself. I looked him up because his arguments sounded very anti-capitalist, anti-crypto, and "left wing" and lo and behold, that's what he is. That doesn't automatically disprove his arguments, but his arguments were clearly coming from that perspective.
For what it's worth, it was a very well produced documentary that was pleasant to listen to albeit not completely unbiased and objective (I think of similar well-produced documentaries like Super-Size Me).|

Perhaps I'm just a bitter "techno bro" or "crypto bro" guilty of all of his accusations? :shrug:
Regardless, thank you for sharing this. I think adding to the dialog and hearing multiple perspectives makes us all stronger. :cheersL:
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]