It's all about the game. Join a local league and play early, and play often. Check standings, track progress, and more inside.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
NOTE: The doubleheader Playoff events #3 & 4 will be the final Trek events in the Fargo/Moorhead area under my watch as after Saturday's gigs I'm hanging up my hat (or communicator as it should be, I guess) as Tournament Director primarily due to interest in our scene dwindling for far too long, sad to say, amongst other reasons in wider scope facing the CC of late. It's been a blast for most of the past 9+ years, but, as TNG's finale was titled, All Good Things... they must come to an end. Our ride off into the sunset has arrived. Unfortunately.

I've enjoyed this community and still plan to check in from time to time. I do plan, tentatively, to play in SD Masters in May, the MN Regionals and Continentals in July and my family and I are moving full steam ahead to coincide our family vacation trip to Orlando in late September/early October for Worlds (which will be my last hurrah, also sad to say.)

I wish nothing but the best of efforts and (good) luck to each and everyone of you who love and continue these great games in the years ahead, if life doesn't get too much in the way of doing so, of course.

-Matthew

We will be having a shindig of a 'going away' party to celebrate and commemorate the fun times had over the past years at my house this Saturday, in tandem with the two tournies. Fun, food, festivities and friendship/socializing guaranteed. Come and join us, if you can.

Cheers!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
61 IDICies 2016-2017 League Season, Second Half
------------------------------------------------------
Playoff Event 3 (of 4) - 2E Constructed
-----------------------------------
1st place: Chris Volk - [NA] - 12 points + 3 bonus points=(15)
2nd place: Mike Rudolph - [SF] / [TN] - 8 points + 3 bonus points=(11)
3rd place: Matthew Hayes - [TN] - 6 points + 6 bonus points=(12)
4th place: Ian Parmenter - [Fer] - 6 points + 6 bonus points=(12)
5th place: Ben Johnson - [TNG] - 4 points + 6 bonus points=(10)
-----------------------------------------------------
Matthew: Grid 296, Holographic Training Facility (2), Liberate Photonic Servants (2), Settle Holographic Colony (2), Observe Kazon Ritual (1). Earth, Cradle of the Federation (1), Kelvas V, Steal Breen Armament (3), Ba'ku Planet, Safeguard Civilization (3). Quatal Prime, Quiet Mining Colony (2), Hugora Nebula (3), Evacuate Colony (1), Investigate Maquis Activity (1), Elude Federation Forces (1). Earth, Humanity's Home (1), Jupiter, Test Experimental Engine (3), Secure Strategic Base (1). Earth, Lush and Beautiful Home (1), Gamma Erandi, Chart Nebula (3), Iota Geminorum IV, Relocate Polygeminus Rex (3), Kavis Alpha, Research Binary Star (3), Maranga IV, Ecological Crisis (3).
Mouth of the Wormhole, Terok Nor (1), Penetrate Enemy Lines (2), Deliver Prisoners (1), Provoke Interstellar Incident (2).

Ian: Mouth of the Wormhole, Terok Nor (1), Kressari Rendezvous (1), Signal for Rescue (1), Recruit Ally (2). Founder's Homeworld / Mouth of the Wormhole, Deep Space Nine / Qo'nos (1/1/1), Northwest Passage, Contact Extradimensional Species (2). Terrasphere 8 (2). Earth, Humanity's Home (1), Investigate Derelict (1), Secure Strategic Base (1). Prevent Historical Disruption (Relativity) (1), Prevent Historical Disruption (2), Access Temporal Conduit (2), Contact Mysterious Benefactor (2), Navigate Xindi Corridor (1), Track Survivors (1). Ferenginar, Financial Hub (1), The Last Outpost (1), Resolve Trade Dispute (2), Kartelos Asteroid Belt (2).

EllaNora: Earth, Humanity's Home (1), Eliminate Sphere Network (1), Investigate Refinery (2), Investigate Anachronism (2), Investigate Derelict (1).

John T.: Ceti Alpha V, Forge Settlement (1), Ceti Alpha V, Forge Settlement (2), Regula, Exact Vengeance (3), Terra Nova, Reestablish Communication (3).

Barry: Mouth of the Wormhole, Deep Space Nine / Earth, Cradle of the Federation (1/1), Investigate Destruction (1), Gateway, Historical Research (1), Torga IV, Strained Negotiations (2).

Chris Volk: Earth, Lush and Beautiful Home (2), Elude Federation Forces (1), Rescue Prisoners (1), Deliver Supplies (1). Earth, Cradle of the Federation (1), Investigate Sighting (1), Practice Orbital Manuevers (1), Sensitive Search (1). Cardassia Prime, Hardscrabble World (1), Uncover DNA Clues (1), Kressari Rendezvous (1).
Mouth of the Wormhole, Deep Space Nine [Non-Aligned] (1), Pegasus Search (1), Hunt for DNA Program (1).

Mike Rudolph: Caretaker's Array (1), Battle Reconnaissance (1), Obtain Advanced Technology (1), Assault on Species 8472 (1). Earth, Humanity's Home (1), Eliminate Sphere Network (1), Secure Strategic Base (1). Locate Fuel Source (2).
Mouth of the Wormhole, Terok Nor (1), Rescue Prisoners of War (1), Destroy Iconian Gateway (1).

Kalli: Earth, Humanity's Home (1), Jupiter (3), Investigate Refinery (2).

Kris S.: Earth, Home of Starfleet Command [Cadets] (1), Practice Orbital Maneuvers (1), Metron Arena (2), Avert Danger (1).

Ben: Earth, Cradle of the Federation (1), Evacuate Colony (1), time away from league (4).
-----------------------------------------------------

Playoff Event 4 (of 4) - Tribbles (...with Troubles)
---------------------------------------------
1st place: Chris Volk - 800,766 - 12 points
2nd place: Matthew Hayes - 472,233 - 8 points
3rd place: Ian Parmenter - 214,435 - 6 points
3rd place: Ben Johnson - 10,000 - 6 points
4th place: Mike Rudolph - 1 - 4 points
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
So, here are the full playoff results...

Chris Volk - 42 points
Matthew Hayes - 32 points
Ian Parmenter - 28 points
Barry Windschitl - 0 points
Kalli Hayes - 0 points
Kris Sonsteby - 0 points

With that, Chris Volk reclaims the title and is our 2016-2017 League Champion, kudos, Chris. and I am once again, Runner-up. Go, me.

As stated, these were our last Trek events in the Fargo/Moorhead area for the foreseeable future, due to waning interest locally and a global/national funk of (a lack of) actively/visibly keeping these games alive. A sad day, indeed.

We had a great time and all things considered, it was a great send-off. We will miss you, old friend. Many a good times have been had. Cheers.

-Matthew Hayes

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]

Yes your 5-three cost and 1-five cost were r[…]

This is true, though in 2e there are very few[…]