It's all about the game. Join a local league and play early, and play often. Check standings, track progress, and more inside.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Inaugural Badlands League will get underway here soon. Unfortunately I have some coordinating to do but we are gonna do the traditional 3 sprint format.

Just like navigating the Badlands, there will be special challenges and difficulties that come with trying to make your way to where you want to go.

Each scheduled event will have an informal ban list as set by me. (AKA "The qualifier list") This ban list for each event will be made public on this thread and mentioned in the tournament posting. There will be no rhyme or reason. Like a swirling plasma tornado - it will be random and unpredictable. Whatever the fates feel like imposing will be the risk you take and as it shifts you may need to make a hard to starboard.

On the practical level that means that if you obey the ban list completely you will get additional league points. If you are able to limit yourself to only 1 restricted card in your deck, you get fewer additional league points. If you have 2 or more restricted cards you get no additional league points from this challenge.

Other bonus point options will also present themselves as the season progresses like any other league.
Last edited by Hoss-Drone on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The first event will be 1e on October 29th and followed by a non-league tribbles event.

Qualifier list for October 29th:

- Quantum Incursions
- Nanoprobe Resuscitation
- All versions of the Borg Queen
- Kobyashi Maru scenario
- "God"
- Khan!
- Kivas Fajo: Collector
- outgunned

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
First event is in the books!

League points standings:

Zlatan 15 points
Mark 15 points
Kevin 14 points
Keith 12 points

Our next event will be a tribbles TRIPLE HEADER on November 11th at 5pm.

Additional league points rules for the Tribbles Triple header will be:

- placement points
- 1 league points for each of the following powers you DO have AT LEAST 3 COPIES OF in your deck
- Dance
- Kill
- Assimilate
- Scan
- Time Warp
- Process
- 1 league point for each of the following powers you DONT have your deck (aka the qualifier list)
- Tally
- Battle
- Poison
- Discard
- Clone
- Fizzbin

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
This event did in fact take place. I've sent a pm to Maelwys to get tournaments into the system in order to enter the results since I failed to do so. I thought I had them in the sytem but apparently not.

I'll get the results posted here as well soon.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
League Event 2 results:

Tribbles 1:

Zlatan 18
Mark 18
Kevin 17
Keith 11

Tribbles 2:

Kevin 18
Keith 18
Mark 15
Zlatan 9

Tribbles 3:

Zlatan 15
Mark 14
Keith 12
Kevin 12

That brings the totals up to date to the following:

Mark 62 league points
Kevin 61 league points
Zlatan 57 league points
Keith 53 league points

Our 2nd event is now in the books so its time to look forward to event #3!

Our 3rd league event will be a New Years event double header: 2e followed by Tribbles!

2e: Standard Constructed. The qualifier list to get bonus league points is as follows:

Qualifier List:
- An Issue of Trust
- Moral Choice
- Chula: The Chandra
- Grav-Trap
- Aid Legendary Civilization
- These are the Voyages
- Chakotay (Bridge Between Two Crews)

If your deck is free of all those cards, you get the full bonus. Half bonus for having only 1 of them.

Tribbles: Standard Constructed. The qualifier condition will be as follows:

- A rule of 4 is in effect. If your deck does not contain more than 4 copies of any card, you get the league bonus. (IE 1 discard and 100k discard are different cards)

Also: any player who has not yet participated in one of our events but has in another league will earn double points this event!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Results from event 3 are entered!

League standings update coming soon!

Here they are:

Current standings after each player qualified in tribbles But there were some variations in 2e then plus or minus results input:

Mark 107 league points
Kevin 100 league points
Zlatan 100 league points
Keith 83 league points
Jordan 24 League points

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
South Dakota Badlands League event #4 is now posted!

Event 4 will happen on January 28th and be a 2e double header!

The morning event will have the following qualifier list:

A sight for Sore eyes
Guinan: Listener
Annexation Drone
Eris: Harbinger of the Dominion
Preposterous Plan
Promenade School
Daimon Solok
Brunt: Acting Grand Nagus
Broca: Leader of the Cardassian Union
USS Enterprise: Beautiful Lady
Gateway: Historical Research

The afternoon event will have the following qualifier rule:

You may not play the same deck from the morning league event on this day.

So that means for the afternoon event you pretty much play any other deck you have with you or if necessary - you and another person can swap morning event decks and be fine.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Sorry for the delay. Here's the updated standings for the Badlands league going into our last regular event:

Kevin 156 league points
Mark 151 league points
Keith 135 league points
Zlatan 130 league points
Jordan 66 League points
Preston 42 league points
Candace 24 league points

The next event will be the last regular event before the playoff event. It will be a 2e then tribbles double header on February 25th. Qualifier for 2e is to just play a different deck than either played at the previous event. Qualifier for tribbles is to have at least 10 copies of at least the different powers in your deck.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The last regular season league event is in the books.

The final standings for the regular season are as follows:

Kevin 200 league points
Mark 193 league points
Zlatan 179 league points
Keith 171 league points
Jordan 108 League points
Candace 68 league points
Preston 42 league points

This means that we are now into the playoffs. After a group deliberation and vote it has been decided its going to be a one day triple header on March 25th starting at 10am! It was also decided that anyone who has participated in a league event anywhere is welcome to participate (but is not eligible for a bye and will be placed as the middle of the pack for seeding).

2e Reunification Draft followed by 2e Constructed followed by tribbles. League standing will determine your seeding for your draft pod AND round 1 opponent for the draft portion of the event. Results of the draft will determine your first round opponent for constructed. Combined results of draft and constructed will determine tribbles table seating order.
If there is an odd number of players, it will be the 1st place player who gets the first rd bye in draft and constructed. There will be NO head start in tribbles.

There are NO deck restrictions or qualifications for the playoff event. Bring your best!

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]