It's all about the game. Join a local league and play early, and play often. Check standings, track progress, and more inside.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
That's right, IDIC is back and we're ready for winter League action. Our first League events are this Sunday, October 22nd starting at noon. We'll be participating in public playtesting for Project Excelsior. If you haven't heard about this project yet, this is a new limited card pool format being developed by the Continuing Committee. It will replace the old Academy Format. You can find an article about the most recent iteration of the rules and pool here. If you're planning on coming to the tourney on October 22nd, you will need to bring your own deck that is compatible with this format. There are a number of sample decks available that you can modify for the tourney. I have built three for the Spotlight Series and Matt Kirk has developed some more basic starter decks for each of the five affiliations.

My TNG

My Klingon

My Romulan

Matt's TNG

Matt's Klingons

Matt's Romulan

Matt's Cardassian

Matt's Borg

I hear there will be bonus league points for people participating in Excelsior. :-) I hope to see you all out at the Gaming Goat on October 22nd (please note the date change; this in not our traditional last Sunday of October tourney).
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
It looks highly probable that I will get beaten by my own deck tomorrow, since so far 3/4 players are using mine.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
First League results are in. Thanks to everyone who came out to try the new Excelsior format.

Quick question about that - don't League points get generated for unsanctioned formats? I chose to try Excelsior in the Public Playtesting format. I don't think it's fair to my players that they didn't get League points for that, especially since I added in bonuses for playing Excelsior and the 1st tourney bonus.

Our next League events will be on Sunday, November 19th starting at noon at the Gaming Goat. This time around, it's Infinite Diversity Draft for 2E. Tribbles will follow. Please preregister and participate in the poll to determine the scenario of the draft.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Just a quick reminder folks - please preregister for this Sunday's 2E IDIC draft event so I know how many packs to bring.

Oh, and if you can bring your own pack of Infinite Diversity Remastered, I would greatly appreciate it. LMK if you're able to do that.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Peldor Joi! Our next two League events are coming up on Sunday, December 17th. This is the annual Chicagoland holiday party and will be located at Casa Dax. Spouses and spawn are encouraged to join us. A pack 'n play is available for nap time and other games will be available for those not playing STCCG. We'll kick off the festivities at noon with a Second Edition constructed tourney. The entrance fee will be 3 cans of food (1 per round) for the local food bank. This tourney will be the Bend the Rules, so bring plenty of extra canned goods to bend those rules in this unrated format. The person who wins the most cans at the end of the tourney will receive a Miramanee, Loyal Priestess AP foil. Tribbles will follow directly afterward with an entry fee of 5 cans. Please let me know how many people are coming with you so I can prepare an appropriate amount of food. Also, before you can ask, I promise that Batman Beer is on tap (so to speak).
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Our next League event will be Sunday, January 28th at Games-Plus in Mount Prospect. Bring your best Excelsior deck for the campaign!

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Updated League Standings for IDIC.
Player WCT Points Total (including HQ Bonus)
Maggie Geppert 60 72
Al Schaefer 58 67
Eric Bieche 56 63
Brian Leonard 36 42
Casey Wickum 30 36
Corbin Johnson 22 29
Jason Beyer 20 20
Edward Pigman 12 16
Michael Moskop 10 14

We've got three League events scheduled in Chicagoland this month.

Michael Moskop is hosting a 1E tourney at the newest Gaming Goat location in Chicago on February 18th.

Al Schaefer is standing in as TD for me on the 25th when I'll be flying back from Manassters. He's hosting 2E and Tribbles at Games-Plus in Mount Prospect.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
We've got the last two League events scheduled for March 25th starting at noon at Games+. Come finish out the League with 2E and Tribbles goodness starting at noon! Current League standings are:

Maggie Geppert 70 82
Al Schaefer 64 75
Eric Bieche 62 69
Brian Leonard 48 56
Corbin Johnson 42 51
Casey Wickum 30 36
Michael Moskop 26 30
Jason Beyer 28 28
Edward Pigman 20 24
Brian S 10 10
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Thanks everyone who came out to all of our Chicagoland League events this winter. I had a super fun time.

Sunday's events were great. Al schooled us all on how you can make a great Khan deck and Eric spanked us twice in Tribbles. That allowed him to tie me for the lead on WCT points, but I eked out the overall win on bonuses.

Maggie Geppert 92 105
Eric Bieche 92 99
Al Schaefer 88 99
Brian Leonard 68 76
Corbin Johnson 42 51
Casey Wickum 30 36
Michael Moskop 26 30
Jason Beyer 28 28
Edward Pigman 20 24
Brian S 10 10

I'm soooooo looking forward to seeing everyone at our Regional events on April 14th and 15th!
Question for noob

Is there an easy way to get him to the alpha quadr[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]