It's all about the game. Join a local league and play early, and play often. Check standings, track progress, and more inside.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I held an Excelsior playtest for my last 2E tourney. I also scheduled it as a League event, as I thought that League points were awarded even for unrated events. However, my players didn't get their points for the event, according to the League page. What's the rule on League points for unrated formats? It appears from the OPG that points can be awarded for these types of events.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:I held an Excelsior playtest for my last 2E tourney. I also scheduled it as a League event, as I thought that League points were awarded even for unrated events. However, my players didn't get their points for the event, according to the League page. What's the rule on League points for unrated formats? It appears from the OPG that points can be awarded for these types of events.
please email programming to fix it league point should be awarded fro all league events rated or other wise, this is clearly a bug.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Thanks Ken!

While you're here, do you know anything about League points for doing Excelsior format? I awarded each of my guys a bonus point for coming out.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:Thanks Ken!

While you're here, do you know anything about League points for doing Excelsior format? I awarded each of my guys a bonus point for coming out.
league points are league points, and each league director can award extra points for the league for what ever bonus awards they want; however the bonus point only add to current league totals not life time totals.
IF you want to award extra point for attending a Excelsior event you can but currently they will just bring every ones current league totals up evenly. Any bonus awards for doing early excelsior events are being handled by the Excelsior team and I have not received any requests about additional league points, I would not object to it, but it was not something brought to me, i believe they are going for more tangible rewards.

-Ken
DoOP
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]