It's all about the game. Join a local league and play early, and play often. Check standings, track progress, and more inside.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 161 posts
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
BCSWowbagger wrote:I am desperate to know how CUBE went.
First Impressions - it is fun and a good entry point for our newer / returning players. Kevin Berg knew exactly what was going on, and I don't think he seemed intimidated by playing with us at all.

The first draft of the cube was actually pretty close to what I would consider a final product. Afterwards, we discussed adding more Non-Aligned in exchange for taking away some of the affiliated people so that there are enough NA's to go around. Joe also felt that Feds had a bit more star power on their personnel, so maybe we could trim swap some in / out to less their skill density. In general, it felt like straight affiliation made more sense / was easier than running a treaty.

The only issue I had was going first is obviously a tremendous advantage in this format, probably more so than any other, and I went 2nd every game. I mentioned it to Charlie yesterday, and I think we have a fix we could implore for that as well. Overall, it was a great change of pace and I again want to thank Jason for putting in the work to build it / run the event! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Congrats to our second half league qualifiers!

Steve Nelson
Jeremy Benedict
Kevin Jaeger

These three players join Jason Tang, Kris Sonsteby, and defending league champion Robert Petersen in the playoffs in February and March. Stay tuned for details regarding our first two playoff tournaments. You gotta be there! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Our league playoffs will begin on 2/22 with a First Edition and Tribbles event starting at 10:30 a.m. Can Robert defend his league title, or will the crown pass to Jason or another contender? Tune in to find out! :cheersL:

1E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11414

Tr: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11415
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Boratus wrote:I assume 2e will be 2/23?
No, the playoffs are happening like last year with 1E & Tribbles the first month then 2E & Tribbles the second month. However, if you would like us to run Tribbles first on the 22nd so you can play in it and then jump over to Twilight Emperium, that is a-ok. I could easily flip / flop them. Just let me know, Steve! :cheersL:

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:
Boratus wrote:I assume 2e will be 2/23?
No, the playoffs are happening like last year with 1E & Tribbles the first month then 2E & Tribbles the second month. However, if you would like us to run Tribbles first on the 22nd so you can play in it and then jump over to Twilight Emperium, that is a-ok. I could easily flip / flop them. Just let me know, Steve! :cheersL:
Playing tribbles 1st at 10:30 would work better for me.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I could also do an early Tribbles if that's how it shakes out. 2/22 is the last day of operations at the arcade in it's current location and I'm not going to miss a minute of it.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Sounds good, i will make the time change once i get to a PC later today.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
flrazor wrote:I could also do an early Tribbles if that's how it shakes out. 2/22 is the last day of operations at the arcade in it's current location and I'm not going to miss a minute of it.
Where are you moving?

Relevant because my wife and I are finally having "date nights" again after a few years of rough riding due to kids, and Fallout Shelter is a place we want to (finally) get back to.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Hobie wrote:Will there be Troubles in my Tribbles? :D
Nope.
Hobie wrote:Will there be Tribbles in my 1E? :D :D
Lord, I hope not. If you win the League title again using those furry little balls, you may never hear the end of it. :wink:

See y'all in about 10 days! Please consider pre-registering if you can make it! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Holy cow, tomorrow's playoff main events for the T2E Tough Enough League's 2019 / 2020 season are going to be a couple BUNK HOUSE BRAWLS! Look at all those folks pre-registered for Tribbles and First Edition. Not to mention one very special guest who is not pre-registered!

With the playoffs kicking into high gear it seems members of the Frozen Chosen from all corners of The Land of 10,000 Champions are climbing out of their hibernation caves to wreak havoc upon the few remaining survivors seeking the T2E league championship tomorrow morning at FFG. Who will reign supreme in the Battle Royale that will be Tribbles? Who will claim victory in the single elimination #1 contender's bracket that will be the 1E gig? Tune in to find out! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Good afternoon, 'trek fans!

Our league playoffs will conclude with a 2nd Edition and Tribbles tandem gig starting at 10:30 a.m. on 3/21/20 at Fantasy Flight Games in Roseville, MN. Can anyone stop the Full Nelson's tribble breeding win streak? Who will make the transition from 1E to 2E as we battle on our final two fronts? Above all, will any mystery opponents crash the coronation of our next league champ? Tune in to find out! :cheersL:

2E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11473

Tr: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11474
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
LORE wrote:Good afternoon, 'trek fans!

Our league playoffs will conclude with a 2nd Edition and Tribbles tandem gig starting at 10:30 a.m. on 3/21/20 at Fantasy Flight Games in Roseville, MN. Can anyone stop the Full Nelson's tribble breeding win streak? Who will make the transition from 1E to 2E as we battle on our final two fronts? Above all, will any mystery opponents crash the coronation of our next league champ? Tune in to find out! :cheersL:

2E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11473

Tr: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11474
Please advise - these 2 events have been POSTPONED until further notice. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak in Minnesota, Fantasy Flight Games Event Center is closed. With any luck, we can wrap up the league in April as part of the Regional festivities.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Hey Frozen Chosen!

I am reanimating this thread to gauge your interest in renewing the local league. With my various CC duties and some other real-life stuff that has come up, I cannot commit to running / playing all of the events needed to qualify as a league, but would certainly do my best to run / play in those that I can make happen. So, is there:
a) interest in renewing the league?
b) interest from our other local T.D.'s to pitch in and make it happen?

@flrazor
@Hoss-Drone
@PantsOfTheTalShiar
@CrimsonRavage
@BCSWowbagger
@Boratus
@Hobie
@Commander Joe
@JamesValEson
@phaserihardlyknowher
@karonofborg13
@holida2000