It's all about the game. Join a local league and play early, and play often. Check standings, track progress, and more inside.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 161 posts

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:46 am a) interest in renewing the league?
b) interest from our other local T.D.'s to pitch in and make it happen?
a) Yes!

b) I've never ran an event but would make an attempt if the alternative was not having one at all.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:15 pm You can give it whatever funny name you want, I just want to play trek.
Same.. leagues, regionals, whatever. We just need to get back to getting ppl to showing up and making it part of their schedule again.

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:46 am Hey Frozen Chosen!

I am reanimating this thread to gauge your interest in renewing the local league. With my various CC duties and some other real-life stuff that has come up, I cannot commit to running / playing all of the events needed to qualify as a league, but would certainly do my best to run / play in those that I can make happen. So, is there:
a) interest in renewing the league?
b) interest from our other local T.D.'s to pitch in and make it happen?

@flrazor
@Hoss-Drone
@PantsOfTheTalShiar
@CrimsonRavage
@BCSWowbagger
@Boratus
@Hobie
@Commander Joe
@JamesValEson
@phaserihardlyknowher
@karonofborg13
@holida2000
@Superman
Always willing to play.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Commander Joe wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:56 am
b) I've never ran an event but would make an attempt if the alternative was not having one at all.
Then I'd like to be the first to extend my congratulations to Fall-Winter Minnesota Tournament Director Joe Kallstrom! Big round of applause for T.D. Joe!

(It's very easy to run a tournament. Show up on time, make people tell you their scores, and let Kris tell you how the pairings work every round. :) I've been doing this for years and someday I'm sure to learn exactly what "pairing down" means simply by osmosis!)
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Hoss-Drone wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:59 am
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:15 pm You can give it whatever funny name you want, I just want to play trek.
Same.. leagues, regionals, whatever. We just need to get back to getting ppl to showing up and making it part of their schedule again.
Neither of you will get arguments out of me. Just not enough hours in my day lately between work, family stuff, CC Board obligations, etc., etc.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:30 am
Commander Joe wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:56 am
Then I'd like to be the first to extend my congratulations to Fall-Winter Minnesota Tournament Director Joe Kallstrom! Big round of applause for T.D. Joe!

(It's very easy to run a tournament. Show up on time, make people tell you their scores, and let Kris tell you how the pairings work every round. :) I've been doing this for years and someday I'm sure to learn exactly what "pairing down" means simply by osmosis!)
Let the games begin :cheersL: :cheersR: !
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
20th would be easier for my wife and therefore for me.

BUT I know Jason often has hard conflicts on Sundays, and I can make Saturday work to nab a Jason.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:07 am 20th would be easier for my wife and therefore for me.

BUT I know Jason often has hard conflicts on Sundays, and I can make Saturday work to nab a Jason.
Actually these days I am more available on Sundays than Saturdays so my attendance is more likely on the 20th. The tough thing with Sundays though is that Gamezenter is only open 10am-6pm so it's really not possible to do both 2E Standard and 1E OTF Complete Constructed.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:06 am The tough thing with Sundays though is that Gamezenter is only open 10am-6pm so it's really not possible to do both 2E Standard and 1E OTF Complete Constructed.
Truth, although *in theory* we could start the league with a 1E & Tribbles double header. All you 1E exclusive folks can certainly spare an hour to get @Boratus and @flrazor in on the league action, can you not?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:15 am
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:06 am The tough thing with Sundays though is that Gamezenter is only open 10am-6pm so it's really not possible to do both 2E Standard and 1E OTF Complete Constructed.
Truth, although *in theory* we could start the league with a 1E & Tribbles double header. All you 1E exclusive folks can certainly spare an hour to get @Boratus and @flrazor in on the league action, can you not?
Fine, but I want to play with somebody else's fury balls. I'll bring my own Tribble deck :wink:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Commander Joe wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:15 am 1E event
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=12278

For some reason I can't get a Tribbles event created. I'll try again later.
I added the Tribbles gig. Pending life getting less complicated, I am most likely out for the 1E gig but will be there for Tribbles. I can also bring prizes for both 1E and Tribbles with me, so I'll probably arrive around 1:30 ish.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]