It's all about the game. Join a local league and play early, and play often. Check standings, track progress, and more inside.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
The Space Coast Central Command league season rolls into the holidays with a surprise First Edition Warp Speed event plus Tribbles, next Sunday, December 16th, in West Melbourne!

We begin with a 1E Voyager Warp Speed event. Players receive a Voyager starter deck and a number of Voyager booster packs and build a Warp Speed deck. Warp Speed means variant rules, smaller decks, and faster games - it's a fast paced battle to the finish! (Note: while quantities of sealed product are limited, I should have more than enough available for players wanting to attend.)

After all the warp dust settles, it'll be time for our second league event of the day as the Tribbles make their return (no Troubles this time).

Entry for both events is FREE, with plenty of product and extra Tribbles decks on hand for new or returning players, and as always, prizes for everyone. Hope to see you there, and happy holidays!
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Are we playing the cards as written like we sometimes do with OTSD? If not, what rules do we follow that are not shown on the Warp Speed rules sheet? Is there any guarantee there will be a facility, missions and/or ships we can use?

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
T-Ricks wrote:Are we playing the cards as written like we sometimes do with OTSD? If not, what rules do we follow that are not shown on the Warp Speed rules sheet? Is there any guarantee there will be a facility, missions and/or ships we can use?
I can’t answer the first part...

As for the second, yes, you will get a ship, missions and a facility. The Voyager starter decks are not random. They are semi-fixed so you will get things you need but they are not all the same. The way Decipher collated the cards, they made sure you got certain things like a set number of dilemmas, a ship, either an outpost or Caretaker’s Array. There are 20 cards found only in the Voyager starter decks for this reason.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Jono wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:Are we playing the cards as written like we sometimes do with OTSD? If not, what rules do we follow that are not shown on the Warp Speed rules sheet? Is there any guarantee there will be a facility, missions and/or ships we can use?

As for the second, yes, you will get a ship, missions and a facility. The Voyager starter decks are not random. They are semi-fixed so you will get things you need but they are not all the same. The way Decipher collated the cards, they made sure you got certain things like a set number of dilemmas, a ship, either an outpost or Caretaker’s Array. There are 20 cards found only in the Voyager starter decks for this reason.
I couldn't find a link on the front page to the Voyager Starter Deck release so I could see what the fixed cards were. Did it come out as a part of the Voyager release or is it a separate entity?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:
Jono wrote:

I couldn't find a link on the front page to the Voyager Starter Deck release so I could see what the fixed cards were. Did it come out as a part of the Voyager release or is it a separate entity?
Here ya go

11 dilemmas, 6 equipment, 2 [NA] Personnel and 1 [NA] Facility.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Armus wrote:Here ya go

Thanks. I notice the Facility needs a Nekrit Expanse Region mission to be seeded. Not playing 1E much, and certainly not any 1E Voyager Warp Speed events, is it usual to find one of these missions in the Voyager starter deck and/or booster packs? Or, do the Warp Speed rules allow it to be seeded disregarding the region requirement?
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:

Thanks. I notice the Facility needs a Nekrit Expanse Region mission to be seeded. Not playing 1E much, and certainly not any 1E Voyager Warp Speed events, is it usual to find one of these missions in the Voyager starter deck and/or booster packs? Or, do the Warp Speed rules allow it to be seeded disregarding the region requirement?
I believe the starter has one such mission, yes.

TK
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
bosskamiura wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:

I believe the starter has one such mission, yes.

TK
Thanks TK.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Notes!

You don't necessarily get *all* the Starter rarity cards. Those are just cards that are only found in starters. However, Voyager starters all make sure you get what you need. You'll get an outpost for sure (for example) - not necessarily the Nekrit one, but something. Since you're allowed to mix affiliations, it doesn't matter which. Another example is Law personnel. Since a common dilemma in the set (Implication) requires Law, there are two non-aligned Law personnel in the set and the starter deck always makes sure you have one of them.

Since it's not on the rules sheet, I'll note that the Organized Play Guide lists Warp Speed rounds at 30 minutes.

According to the glossary, you can ignore the Nekrit Expanse Region seeding requirement on the Nekrit Supply Depot. Your outpost goes on your left-most mission, no matter what that mission is or whether it would normally be a legal seed.

As for "do we play cards as they read," the answer is, normally with sealed events we do, so we don't have to memorize the updated wording on everything. However, the common dilemma Spatial Rift is crazy broken in its original wording and so I'd be willing to make an exception for that card.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
OKCoyote wrote:Notes!

You don't necessarily get *all* the Starter rarity cards. Those are just cards that are only found in starters. However, Voyager starters all make sure you get what you need. You'll get an outpost for sure (for example) - not necessarily the Nekrit one, but something. Since you're allowed to mix affiliations, it doesn't matter which. Another example is Law personnel. Since a common dilemma in the set (Implication) requires Law, there are two non-aligned Law personnel in the set and the starter deck always makes sure you have one of them.

Since it's not on the rules sheet, I'll note that the Organized Play Guide lists Warp Speed rounds at 30 minutes.

According to the glossary, you can ignore the Nekrit Expanse Region seeding requirement on the Nekrit Supply Depot. Your outpost goes on your left-most mission, no matter what that mission is or whether it would normally be a legal seed.

As for "do we play cards as they read," the answer is, normally with sealed events we do, so we don't have to memorize the updated wording on everything. However, the common dilemma Spatial Rift is crazy broken in its original wording and so I'd be willing to make an exception for that card.
Thanks Daniel.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]