It's all about the game. Join a local league and play early, and play often. Check standings, track progress, and more inside.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Howdy all Join us for OTSD+ Sealed

Each player will the OTSD 20 cards. and 4 packs of Prem, QC, and AU each.

Format is open (since that is what OTSD is all about
Round 1 will be two weeks to build decks then each round will be a week after that.

Join us!
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Main differences. 1) all cards you get are legal
2) all missions are stealable
3) 100 points wins no matter how they are earned
4) Dilemmas are not technically seeded batch but one at a time. (you and your opponent can still agree to batch if you want.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Too bad I had to choose between this and the 2nd Anthology gig... :( (Since I'm new at Lackey, and it's only my 2nd OP gathering, I think it's best to take it slow.) Haven't played 2A yet, so had to try that.
I regret (as the only one -- of course! :lol: ) that that event was changed from open to OTF, but I reckon it will be for the best. No mission stealing is good! :thumbsup: And it will still allow me to try a different format than what I know from Vienna.

But OTSD sure was fun, there! I hope to see it sometime in the future... :cross:
Have fun, all! :cheersL:
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
I was practicing making cardpools. First one I generated haed
Q's Tent x3
Q's Planet
Horga'hn

I threw it out (I will generate pools Jan 4th

But what wildness will you be able to do?

Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
In the name of fun, everyone will be getting 3 Q's flashes

If anyone pulls off a gift of tormentor win, I will send you a prize
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
So I will probs make pools later today.

I may or may not play, but here are my tips for open OTSD
1) remember mission stealing is legal. this means 1) you may need to seed dilemmas under your own missions 3) if you have to use the tripple treaty take advantage of the ability to kill at whim, but remember you do not get to use your sidedecks
2) the main rule of OTSD: Never use the tripple treaty if you get another one. it doesnt matter if the people you have for the treaty are trash, the ability to steal missions is worth far more than any personel grouping
3) Get the deck to 30 cards. the smaller, the sooner you get the good stuff.
4) Q nets are the name of the game. Diplo, WNOHGB, and/or AU doors are your friend
5) the stratigic threat of ship battle is a great way to control the pace of the game

Two other things to think about given the QC ellements here
1) Everyone is getting 3 q flashes beyond what is in their pack. This is so 1) you can for sure use all your cards 2) because if you do not have a flash sidedeck that is a free dilemma to your opponent if the seed and steal.
2) Remember Q's planet could be a thing.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
pfti wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:52 pm So I will probs make pools later today.

I may or may not play, but here are my tips for open OTSD
1) remember mission stealing is legal. this means 1) you may need to seed dilemmas under your own missions 3) if you have to use the tripple treaty take advantage of the ability to kill at whim, but remember you do not get to use your sidedecks
2) the main rule of OTSD: Never use the tripple treaty if you get another one. it doesnt matter if the people you have for the treaty are trash, the ability to steal missions is worth far more than any personel grouping
3) Get the deck to 30 cards. the smaller, the sooner you get the good stuff.
4) Q nets are the name of the game. Diplo, WNOHGB, and/or AU doors are your friend
5) the stratigic threat of ship battle is a great way to control the pace of the game

Two other things to think about given the QC ellements here
1) Everyone is getting 3 q flashes beyond what is in their pack. This is so 1) you can for sure use all your cards 2) because if you do not have a flash sidedeck that is a free dilemma to your opponent if the seed and steal.
2) Remember Q's planet could be a thing.

Also the Tong is your friend!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I think they're random, except Jon is giving us each 3x Q Flash so we can use all the cards (for a given value of "use") that come from the QC packs.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:42 am I think they're random, except Jon is giving us each 3x Q Flash so we can use all the cards (for a given value of "use") that come from the QC packs.
I was practicing making cardpools. First one I generated haed
Q's Tent x3
Q's Planet
Horga'hn

I threw it out (I will generate pools Jan 4th
sounds kinda curated to me. ofc no trashpools makes a better play experience, but where do you draw the line?
i expected, we crack packs on lackey, save the file and exchange it with our opponent. at least thats how its done in mtg.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Cardpools are sent. They should be 200 cards. Feel free to add 3 Q Flashes

Still time for folks to register! Join the fun!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jon wrote:I was practicing making cardpools. First one I generated haed
Q's Tent x3
Q's Planet
Horga'hn
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:54 amsounds kinda curated to me. ofc no trashpools makes a better play experience, but where do you draw the line?
Well... the pool Carter drew obviously had a (near?) guaranteed win = NPE = the vicinity where you one draws the line, IMO. :thumbsup:
i expected, we crack packs on lackey, save the file and exchange it with our opponent.
Well, yes, but now Carter does that work for us... more time to browse binders, for me! :lol:
at least thats how its done in mtg.
But... TI1E! :lol: (This Is First Edition. :( )

Thanks for the pool & pointers, Carter -- and the round one extension. :thumbsup: Being a near-total n00b at sealed, OP, and Lackey (and a total novice at OTSD), I can use all the time & help I can get. 8)

But... be sure that I'll use that time wisely: my deck will rival the perfection of Particle 010. :borg:
Question for noob

To his location (but anywhere at that location - p[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]