It's all about the game. Join a local league and play early, and play often. Check standings, track progress, and more inside.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:54 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:42 am I think they're random, except Jon is giving us each 3x Q Flash so we can use all the cards (for a given value of "use") that come from the QC packs.
I was practicing making cardpools. First one I generated haed
Q's Tent x3
Q's Planet
Horga'hn

I threw it out (I will generate pools Jan 4th
sounds kinda curated to me. ofc no trashpools makes a better play experience, but where do you draw the line?
i expected, we crack packs on lackey, save the file and exchange it with our opponent. at least thats how its done in mtg.
The pools were all random. The example above was me learning to use the pool generator. I thew out all the early ones. I then made 12 pools without looking. Randomized the player list and assigned each person the corresponding pool.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
My pool is full of WTF, but that's Standard Operating Procedure for OTSD. I'm not going to win a single game, but I will take my opponent down with me! :lol:
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:36 pm My pool is full of WTF, but that's Standard Operating Procedure for OTSD. I'm not going to win a single game, but I will take my opponent down with me! :lol:
Perfect!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What is the time limit for these games?

The longer the better, I think; since I'll be worried about asking questions, reading cards, and being taught about proper Lackey procedure; and thus potential probable delays. :lol:

I'd prefer, say, 2h? But please pitch in if you disagree.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:57 am The standard time limit for online 1E games is 1 hour and 45 minutes, @SudenKapala.
Ah! Great. I wasn't sure whether that was specific for Coyote's event... (But now I seem to remember that perhaps Carter mentioned that length, too.)

Thx. :)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
IDIC draft is a short format; only 45 minutes IRL, which is why it’s an hour and 5 minutes for the online event.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:36 pm My pool is full of WTF, but that's Standard Operating Procedure for OTSD. I'm not going to win a single game, but I will take my opponent down with me! :lol:
Uve no idea about my pile of crap lol. I wont pass a single dilemma omg
Where are the pairings though [Crm]

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:28 am IDIC draft is a short format; only 45 minutes IRL, which is why it’s an hour and 5 minutes for the online event.
I know IDIC, but what is IDIC draft? (And/or, where can I find out more about it?)

Ensign Q, your avatar looks OK now. Did you change it, or was my monitor acting up yesterday...? (Everything else looked fine...)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Question. Must I play all rounds with the very same deck? Or can I make a deck and choose not to play a certain part of it in round one, and omit another part in round 2?

(Effectively, this could be seen as a "side board"? Or is there a difference? I always assumed that any inter-event deck-changing was not legal -- and so far, I've never been tempted to find out, because it was not necessary during my few previous events.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:31 pm Question. Must I play all rounds with the very same deck? Or can I make a deck and choose not to play a certain part of it in round one, and omit another part in round 2?

(Effectively, this could be seen as a "side board"? Or is there a difference? I always assumed that any inter-event deck-changing was not legal -- and so far, I've never been tempted to find out, because it was not necessary during my few previous events.)
In sealed deck, you're allowed to change your deck between rounds, but it still needs to be a legal deck and you're still limited to your original cardpool.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:32 pm In sealed deck, you're allowed to change your deck between rounds, but it still needs to be a legal deck and you're still limited to your original cardpool.
Great! :) Thx.
(It's not a strategic thing, BTW. More of a "gosh they don't fit well together, but I do want to try out both those things" thing.)

Where could I find out such things? In the OP guide? I read most of it ages ago... in 2018, I think... And too busy deckbuilding, now. :neutral:

Also good news: The Return Of The Avatarmus. :thumbsup: I like this one better. 8)
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Round 1. you have two weeks to play

Ensign q vs James Monsebroten
Maggie Geppert vs Edwin Latrell
Jon Carter vs Julius Melhardt
Joseph Wisniewski vs Suden Käpälä
Greg Saum vs Michael Van Breemen
Question for noob