It's all about the game. Join a local league and play early, and play often. Check standings, track progress, and more inside.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Come Join us. 1 day of OTF fun

Pacific/Honolulu: 5:00 AM
America/Los_Angeles: 7:00 AM
America/Phoenix: 8:00 AM
America/Chicago: 9:00 AM
America/New_York: 10:00 AM
America/Toronto: 10:00 AM
Europe/London: 3:00 PM
Europe/Amsterdam: 4:00 PM
Europe/Berlin: 4:00 PM
Africa/Johannesburg: 5:00 PM
Australia/Brisbane: 1:00 AM
Pacific/Auckland: 4:00 AM

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm glad I was able to join this party. It was a lot of fun! And pretty educational, too... Thanks to PFTI, Caretaker, Sexy, Ninja (the TD plus my opponents), and the other players. :thumbsup:

Finally finished my report. Deck has to wait until later (still need to write tech notes and building log on it), but it will be attached soon, for certain! Achievements to be collected. :borg: [BO] [1E-TNG] :)

PS:
Is it mandatory for everybody to attach their decks and/or write reports?
Or is that only for achievements?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Gotcha.

Next question. (I'll have to change my handle. Suden Quästülä. 8) )

At the Worlds side events, there were flags in the tournament event/results page, to signify each contestant's origins. Not (yet) so, now/here. Does this have to do with the level or type of tournament?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yeah the flags show up for big events and associated side gigs.

Locals and Regionals don't care (at least in the tournament system)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:12 pm Quästülä.
Penalty on the play. Excessive umlauts. 10 yards and loss of down.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:18 pm
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:12 pm Quästülä.
Penalty on the play. Excessive umlauts. 10 yards and loss of down.
You know my last name is Käpälä, right? And that e.g., Väinämöinen (arguably the basis for Gandalf) is a perfectly sound, and ancient, and proud Finnish name? My umlauted name used to be visible, why is it not anymore? What game are we playing? What is a 'loss of down'? Any questions?

For real. Here, at this moment (other tourney), there are no names or results at all any more. (I also can't access my half-written tourney report.) Is this part of the wrap-up process? Or a glitch? Never mind.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Ah, actually I did not know you had 3 umlauts in your actual name (which, by law, qualifies it to also be a metal band's name).

And loss of down refers to football, or as I suppose I should call it here, American football. Essentially, each offense has 4 plays or downs to either get 10 yards or a touchdown so a penalty and a loss of down (which only happens in one case) means a team loses both yards and one of their chances to get 10 yards.

In the larger picture, chalk it up as a joke that amused only me and move on I guess. :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
10 yards and loss of down is an American Football reference.

Though off the top of my head I can't think of any penalty that's both 10 yards AND a loss of down, so maybe @Boffo97 knows something I don't.... :P
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:39 pm 10 yards and loss of down is an American Football reference.

Though off the top of my head I can't think of any penalty that's both 10 yards AND a loss of down, so maybe @Boffo97 knows something I don't.... :P
Grounding does this for sure

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Armus wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:39 pm 10 yards and loss of down is an American Football reference.

Intentional grounding (or throwing a pass without a realistic chance of completion to avoid a sack [quarterback tackled for loss] for those who don't watch the sport) is penalized with both to simulate the effects of taking the sack, but that's about it.

It's hard to discuss this sport without going down rabbit holes. :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:43 pm

Grounding does this for sure
Grounding is spot foul and loss of down, not 10 yards.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:32 pm Ah, actually I did not know you had 3 umlauts in your actual name (which, by law, qualifies it to also be a metal band's name).
I totally agree. :thumbsup:
In the larger picture, chalk it up as a joke that amused only me and move on I guess. :)
Nope. I was very amused. Hence my reaction. I get weird when I am amused. (Also, when random other stuff happens. Like, when I breathe.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Finally, extensive nerd notes added to the deck list, thanking KazonPADD (again! :P ) and SirRogue for their help in getting it together.

Ensign Q, if you read this -- if you want to be eligible for the TNG Borg achievements, you need to change the way you put the [Rom] facilities in your deck. (But perhaps you don't care so much about achievements; in which case, just ignore this.)

Now, on to the deck for the next event... :shifty:
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]