Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
SirDan wrote:Lots are up. Some of the image links appear to be busted, but the descriptions should be complete.
Wow, lots of cool stuff up for grabs. Nice job, folks! Even if it is a bit self serving, having the option to assign tickets to what I would like to win once I earn them (as opposed to it being totally random) is a nice consolation prize for not being able to hand out the tickets myself. Hell, I assume under the new system I'll earn more tickets than I ever did in the past, since I will be forced to take them instead of always giving them away to my tourney participants.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:Where do you find the list of prizes?
Go to the Promenade and click on the link for Raffle Tickets. That'll give you a breakdown of any tickets that you currently hold, as well as a list of active raffles (just the one right now, obviously). Click on the raffle name and it'll take you to a list of prizes (and if you have any tickets already, you can then allocate which prizes you'd like to go in for).
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Regarding premium members receiving tickets: do members that are already premium members going into the new year receive monthly tickets, or is this only for newly requisitioned memberships? And if they do receive them, when will this occur?

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote:Regarding premium members receiving tickets: do members that are already premium members going into the new year receive monthly tickets, or is this only for newly requisitioned memberships? And if they do receive them, when will this occur?
Any/all premium member tickets are rewarded at the time of purchase.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Maelwys wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:Regarding premium members receiving tickets: do members that are already premium members going into the new year receive monthly tickets, or is this only for newly requisitioned memberships? And if they do receive them, when will this occur?
Any/all premium member tickets are rewarded at the time of purchase.
So I'll need to purchase a new membership. Got it.

Good thing mine expires in a month. :)
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I have two things to let you know.

1) Premium Membership Raffle Tickets
I made a mistake in my original article in regards to how the raffle tickets for premium memberships work. Initially, I said that they were earned at a rate of 1/month with some bonus tickets. This is incorrect! Premium membership raffle tickets are all earned, in bulk, at the time of requisition.

If you requisition a one (1) month membership, you immediately get one (1) raffle ticket.
If you requisition a six (6) month membership, you immediately get nine (9) raffle tickets.
If you requisition a twelve (12) month membership, you immediately get twenty-four (24) raffle tickets.

Sorry for the confusion!

2) Additional Tournament Raffle Tickets
After reading through and considering your feedback, we're working on a plan to add additional tickets to each tournament. The current system will remain in place (1 for the winner, 1 for the TD that doesn't play, variable random tickets based on size), but we are going to add to it.

More details on these additional tickets as soon as we've got them up and running. :)

-crp
 -  
Prophet
MidnightLich wrote:2) Additional Tournament Raffle Tickets
After reading through and considering your feedback, we're working on a plan to add additional tickets to each tournament. The current system will remain in place (1 for the winner, 1 for the TD that doesn't play, variable random tickets based on size), but we are going to add to it.

More details on these additional tickets as soon as we've got them up and running. :)

-crp
All hail Chris "Maelwys" Lobban, for he is awesome, and this is already implemented. We've decided to add extra bonus tickets to tournaments, but with a twist: they are tied to entering your public and complete decklists. Here is a rundown of how the bonus tickets work:

1. Bonus tickets only apply to First Edition and Second Edition tournaments.
2. Only such tournaments since January 1, 2013 are eligible.
3. One week after the eligible tournament results are entered, bonus tickets will be awarded. (Note: All eligible tournaments entered prior to today count as being entered today.)
4. To be eligible for a bonus ticket, two things must be true:
a) You must attach a complete deck to the tournament and make it public.
b) You must not have already won a raffle ticket.

Bonus tickets are awarded for all tournaments and scale up with tournament attendance. This means that a four (4) player tournament will earn one (1) bonus ticket, 5-8 players will earn one (1) bonus tickets, 9-16 players will earn two (2), etc.

We listened to your concerns about the lack of tickets and have implemented this change immediately. The article will be updated shortly with all of these details as well.

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
MidnightLich wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:2) Additional Tournament Raffle Tickets

-crp
All hail Chris "Maelwys" Lobban, for he is awesome, and this is already implemented. We've decided to add extra bonus tickets to tournaments, but with a twist: they are tied to entering your public and complete decklists. Here is a rundown of how the bonus tickets work:

1. Bonus tickets only apply to First Edition and Second Edition tournaments.
2. Only such tournaments since January 1, 2013 are eligible.
3. One week after the eligible tournament results are entered, bonus tickets will be awarded. (Note: All eligible tournaments entered prior to today count as being entered today.)
4. To be eligible for a bonus ticket, two things must be true:
a) You must attach a complete deck to the tournament and make it public.
b) You must not have already won a raffle ticket.

Bonus tickets are awarded for all tournaments and scale up with tournament attendance. This means that a four (4) player tournament will earn one (1) bonus ticket, 5-8 players will earn two (2) bonus tickets, 9-16 players will earn three (3), etc.

We listened to your concerns about the lack of tickets and have implemented this change immediately. The article will be updated shortly with all of these details as well.

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

-crp
are the new bonus tickets randomly awarded? or does each person who uploads a deck get one?
 -  
Prophet
BaronMorrath wrote:are the new bonus tickets randomly awarded? or does each person who uploads a deck get one?
They are randomly awarded to a player that didn't already get a ticket and attaches a deck list.

-crp

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Bonus tickets are awarded for all tournaments and scale up with tournament attendance. This means that a four (4) player tournament will earn one (1) bonus ticket, 5-8 players will earn one (1) bonus tickets, 9-16 players will earn two (2), etc.
Did you mean 1, 2, 3? Or 1, 1, 2 as stated?
MidnightLich wrote:We listened to your concerns about the lack of tickets and have implemented this change immediately.
Thanks! I think the changes are an improvement.

By Brak_ (Chris O'Connell)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
BaronMorrath wrote:are the new bonus tickets randomly awarded? or does each person who uploads a deck get one?
They are randomly awarded to a player that didn't already get a ticket and attaches a deck list.

-crp
I think that's a great modification to give incentive to players who might not usually score first place, especially in smaller play groups. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 -  
Prophet
Naetor wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:Bonus tickets are awarded for all tournaments and scale up with tournament attendance. This means that a four (4) player tournament will earn one (1) bonus ticket, 5-8 players will earn one (1) bonus tickets, 9-16 players will earn two (2), etc.
Did you mean 1, 2, 3? Or 1, 1, 2 as stated?
MidnightLich wrote:We listened to your concerns about the lack of tickets and have implemented this change immediately.
Thanks! I think the changes are an improvement.
It's 1, 1, 2, 3...

I had originally written otherwise, but I misunderstood what I was told. It's the same rate as the normal random tickets, just that the 4-person tournament also gets 1 bonus ticket.

-crp
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Thanks guys. We appreciate it. This seems like a fair and reasonable way to award raffle tickets.

T-Ricks
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation