User avatar
 
By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Legate
#265458
Hoss-Drone wrote:did this happen?
Right in the middle of round 2 of NACC, yes.
User avatar
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Professional
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#265459
flrazor wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:did this happen?
Right in the middle of round 2 of NACC, yes.
How did everyone concentrate on the tournament and watch/participate in the drawing at the same time? I couldn't manage to do it during my little tournament.
User avatar
Second Edition Rules Master
By Marquetry
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
Pioneer
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2019
#265460
The TDs (Jeremy/Justin) were watching for us, and let people know when they had won; a few had their phones by them too. :)
User avatar
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2021
Alpha Hunter
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2021
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2021
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
#265461
Hoss-Drone wrote:did this happen?
Yeah, we didn't win anything as per usual. I can't speak for you, but I've never won anything in the raffle.

One random chat room "door prize" not withstanding.
User avatar
 
By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Legate
#265470
LORE wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:did this happen?
Yeah, we didn't win anything as per usual. I can't speak for you, but I've never won anything in the raffle.

One random chat room "door prize" not withstanding.
Maybe not in the more recent raffle system, but as I recall you did win a bunch when we had the physical tickets that you had to register on the site when you won them. ;) Three people present at NACC were winners of something from the raffle.
User avatar
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2021
Alpha Hunter
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2021
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2021
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
#265484
flrazor wrote:Maybe not in the more recent raffle system, but as I recall you did win a bunch when we had the physical tickets that you had to register on the site when you won them. ;)
When I was tasked with holding the tickets for all the TBG folks, sure, we won a few things here and there, but that's ancient history.
User avatar
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Professional
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#265490
I did notice that a few names came up winners several times. I won one bin so at least I didn't get shut out. :thumbsup:
User avatar
 
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Socialite
#265530
LORE wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:did this happen?
Yeah, we didn't win anything as per usual. I can't speak for you, but I've never won anything in the raffle.

One random chat room "door prize" not withstanding.
I have yet to win any raffle prizes. I have not been able to even be present to win the live stuff.
User avatar
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2021
Grand Nagus
1E North American Continental Champion 2021
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#265550
T-Ricks wrote:I did notice that a few names came up winners several times. I won one bin so at least I didn't get shut out. :thumbsup:
I'm a little suspicious of their random # generator myself because it seems the same person will win multiple prizes during one raffle.


Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
User avatar
 
By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
#265577
jadziadax8 wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:I did notice that a few names came up winners several times. I won one bin so at least I didn't get shut out. :thumbsup:
I'm a little suspicious of their random # generator myself because it seems the same person will win multiple prizes during one raffle.


Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
Stats 101 Protip: Random distribution != Even distribution.

Stats 701 Protip: No 'Random Number Generator' is truly random. All of them rely on some sort of algorithm.

Maybe Dan's pacing doing the drawings is such that the system clock (one possible algorithm driver) always has the same last digit ( winner every 10s, 20s, etc.)

Maquis Stats Protip: Nothing That Happens is Truly Random

Bottom line: I seriously doubt there are any raffle shenanigans going on. It's all for fun and a good way to promote participation and membership.
User avatar
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2021
Grand Nagus
1E North American Continental Champion 2021
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#265631
I never meant to imply any sort of nefarious goings-on. It's never the same person twice.


Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
User avatar
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Professional
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#265805
jadziadax8 wrote:I never meant to imply any sort of nefarious goings-on. It's never the same person twice.
Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
Nor did I. I just figured those folks put in more tickets than anyone else.

ETH & Pog :-)

The featured card on the front page today is Care[…]

Sorry for the thread necro, but I was thinking[…]

[Hir] For sure. They seem interesting, have some […]