Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Will there be a raffle in the 2nd quarter of 2015?

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If there is, I'm going to need to purchase some memberships. I really don't have many tickets this time around.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Sounds like Ken's finally going to have some competition.

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Today is the end of the second month of this quarter. Is there going to be a raffle this quarter, and if so, when will bins be put up?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Would you guys like a smaller raffle, giving you a few weeks to go through the bins? Or would you prefer to wait for Q3 and have a double sized raffle?

-crp
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I think I'd rather have a tournament kit than a raffle, so if it's a question of time and resources, go that route, please.

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I think I'd rather a smaller raffle to keep on track and have some fun.. but as Maggie said, tourney kits becoming regular should be first, if for some reason they're exclusive

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I think having SOMETHING is important just to keep the drumbeat.

Given the pile of things 'in the warehouse' it shouldn't be a huge timesink to cobble together something. I don't know how long it takes to post the bins, but since it only takes an hour to do the raffle, this shouldn't be an either-or vs. tournament kits -- if it is, then I think we have other problems.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I think frequency of raffles is more important than size of raffles. Let's be fair, Ken is going to flood most of the buckets with tickets in either scenario, so having more chances to overcome the odds is a good thing!

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
KazonPADD wrote:I think frequency of raffles is more important than size of raffles. Let's be fair, Ken is going to flood most of the buckets with tickets in either scenario, so having more chances to overcome the odds is a good thing!
Ken crops dusts every bin with one ticket per drawing from that bin and normally only goes heavily in one maybe two bins on a specific item he really wants, (like rotational damage markers, because I'm trying to collect them and was not playing again yet when they were originally release by the CC in foils). Most of the random crop dusted bins wins cycle back in to local/regional/nationals etc prize pools to hand out it's one of the ways i use to get more neat stuff to hand out at the bigger events I run. :)

This is the strategy I have used since day one on the raffles it has paned out well for me other are welcome to copy it... Support the CC have way more premium member ship time they you will ever need. :)

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
RE: Raffle I would love to see a small one versus nothing then a bigger one next time, i don't think wee need months to look at bins and decide what to put in them, there should be a reasonable time just because not every one checks every day, but if there is a few weeks at least that should be plenty of time for people to deiced what they would like to put their tickets in.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I agree with Amber and Paddy in that we go for a smaller raffle. With the postponement of new tournament foils, cancelling the raffle as well could give the impression that things have seized up completely.

Let's face it, it only takes a few minutes for people to actually enter their raffle tickets; we don't need a long lead time between bins going up and the draw itself.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
I will create bins today. It will be a smaller raffle - I have a few oddballs that I'll have to hold back for next time.
Armus wrote:Given the pile of things 'in the warehouse' ...
Have you been snooping around?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation