By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
.... Is apparently not happening?

Nothing on the Promenade, nothing on the board.

At least my last two unspent raffle tickets can keep each other company... :(

I get that life gets busy, and prize stock is not unlimited (and takes more precious time to assemble), but if we have to dial back the raffles, can we at least get an announcement and explanation? I think the lack of transparency and communication bothers me more than the lack of raffle itself.
:?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I apologize in advance if my answer seems short.
starfleetsfinest wrote:So is this happening? I got a few tickets I would like to use. What's up with the Raffle CC??
SirDan wrote:When I know I'll post something.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
Story time.

I have an 8-year old daughter. She likes to play softball. This summer, she made the All-Star team. Yay! The All-Star team practices a lot. Like, every day a lot. For hours. And the games are on weekends. Every weekend. At least two games each day, never at a convenient time, and often not in the town we live.

My summer has been busy. So busy that I've fallen behind in some things as the shipping manager. Kits have gone out as promos have been delivered to the warehouse, but I haven't been on top of things like buttons. Regional kits went out without buttons, so now I get to make two dozen extra orders. Continental buttons didn't arrive (and I didn't notice in time) so Euros may not get them until later. This kind of thing vexes me greatly.

And on top of that, the first Quarter Raffle Prizes are still in the warehouse. I really don't want to be so far behind that there's another raffle before sending the previous ones out.

As of this evening, those raffle prizes orders are printed and ready to pack. Once this is done - and it may be today, it may be Friday - I'll prep the second Quarter Raffle.

It may not be as large as previous raffles, but I'll be sure to throw some nice things in there. Lots and descriptions are hand-entered, and it takes time to pilfer the warehouse for promos to add.

Apologies for falling behind. On the plus side, softball ends this Saturday, so free time will once again be mine. I may get to attend a tournament! At least until September when Fall ball starts up.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
Update!

I've packaged all but two of last quarter's raffle prizes. (Just waiting for addy confirms from two people.) I'll drop them in the mail monday, and soon will be adding bins for the 2nd Quarter Raffle.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
As promised, I've posted a series of bins. There are prizes inside. Deposit your virtual raffle tickets and get some!

Bins close 2017-08-12, Friday Night/Saturday Morning at 12:00am; the draw will be at 8am pacific time later that same day.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Jep, thanks for your work Dan, we really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SirDan wrote:As promised, I've posted a series of bins. There are prizes inside. Deposit your virtual raffle tickets and get some!

Bins close 2017-08-12, Friday Night/Saturday Morning at 12:00am; the draw will be at 8am pacific time later that same day.
Awesome, can we get a paragraph article for the front page + links to make it stupendously fantastic?

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Looking at the bins.. there are several that have a quantity of 8, instead of the 1.. is this correct, and there are just a lot to go around? :)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor

Awesome, can we get a paragraph article for the front page + links to make it stupendously fantastic?
No, the fewer people.onow about it, the better our chances of winning! :P

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]