By Krytes (Robert French)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:11 pm I received my raffle prizes today.
And I "only" had to pay 8.81 € customs fee!
I don't think I want to play anymore...
I never even considered customs fees might be a thing, must have been lucky so far!
Your customs charges not worked out on value? Did you win only virtual cards?

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Krytes wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:55 am I never even considered customs fees might be a thing, must have been lucky so far!
Your customs charges not worked out on value? Did you win only virtual cards?
I can't speak for Monty, but occasionally some of the stuff I receive from TrekCC, just like orders from cards shops overseas, is inspected by customs and then charged appropriately. It's based on value, yes (but actual shipping cost is also included in that total value). In my case, customs/income sales tax is advanced by the German mail company, but they then add a flat 6.00€ on top for their service.
While this would usually make it more convenient because it saves me a trip to the nearest customs office (which could be rather annoying in some parts of the country, e.g. the local customs office where I lived 15 years ago was a major hub where you would sometimes wait two or three hours before you were called), it didn't do me much good these last two years because my local postman wasn't allowed to take money at the door (b/c of covid regulations), so couldn't actually hand over the stuff, and I still had to drive to pick it up from a post office (usually a day later at the earliest).

One of the reasons why I usually try to order prize support from the promenade for events about 6-8 weeks before.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Captain Parrish wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:22 am Any 2022 Raffles planned?
It's usually a good idea to tag @SirDan on these questions. I don't know how often he looks at the raffle forum.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:15 pm It was a question for the last board meeting and got a response after the meeting: viewtopic.php?p=584139#p584139
Response, yes. Answer, no.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation