You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

Which affiliation will be the biggest surprise at 2E Worlds?

Bajoran
4%
Borg
4%
Cardassian
9%
Dominion
6%
Federation (TNG, DS9-E, TOS or Voy)
7%
Ferengi
13%
Maquis
3%
Mouth of the Wormhole - DS9
12%
Mouth of the Wormhole - TN
3%
Khan
13%
Klingon
4%
Relativity
12%
Romulan
1%
Starfleet
6%

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Also, I voted for Khan. I think someone's sitting on awesome Khan tech, waiting to bust it out.
Danny wrote:Would Equinox be included in the "Voy" label? Curious as to why Relativity got its own poll place.
Relativity's restrictive rules mean that it's not really apt to put it under to Voy heading.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: I'm surprised to see so few votes for the Bajorans, especially after all the concern right after the release of Return to Grace. Does anyone think there is a lurking Bajoran power deck out there, or did the recent errata to Covenant take all the wind out of their sails?

-crp
I think your premise is flawed. I didn't vote for a Bajorans because at this point I WOULDN'T consider them a dark horse BECAUSE of RtG. The Bajoran rocket ship might have gotten shot down (at least until MVB finds another way to break it) but Bajorans are GOOD regardless. I would not at all be shocked if someone took Bajorans far into this championship...

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Going back to the topic of 2E, I'm not surprised to see Cardassians as one of the top vote getters; they have long been a "dark horse" favorite pick of mine to do well at Worlds. I know they've showed up a few times, but they have some nice new toys now and I think they could make a splash if piloted by a skilled player.
I don't think Cardassians will receive a lot of play. They pretty much rely on Central Command against an attrition dilemma pile -- which if fine for locals, but tends to not be great at higher level events where people are prepared with interrupt prevention. They also have pretty limited kill prevention and easily get two chops from the Guillotine.
MidnightLich wrote:I'm surprised to see so few votes for the Bajorans, especially after all the concern right after the release of Return to Grace. Does anyone think there is a lurking Bajoran power deck out there, or did the recent errata to Covenant take all the wind out of their sails?
Of all the top players attending, none are Bajoran players (or Cardassian players). I think you win big events playing what you know -- or by breaking something :P

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:

Of all the top players attending, none are Bajoran players (or Cardassian players). I think you win big events playing what you know -- or by breaking something :P
Two years ago at GenCon [Baj] was 3rd and 4th, only beaten out by a near-broken [Fer] deck and Neil's unsual [Maq] slutbag deck.

Now I can see not considering me a "top player" (Out for a year, and MIA in 2014), but there's no need to insult Van Breeman. :wink:

(Sykes Time Machine) And nobody has had the stones to play [Car] speed at major events since Len and I back in the day. Even Ray Linton crushed a Day 1 with [Car] thanks to my help.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
DJstormtrooper wrote:Cardassians just aren't really playable at high-level events as long as decks like Romulans can easily download a copy of Rescue Captives. Cardies need a way to safeguard their captives, then they can be competitive.
Grav plating trap is not enough?

TK

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
DJstormtrooper wrote:Cardassians just aren't really playable at high-level events as long as decks like Romulans can easily download a copy of Rescue Captives. Cardies need a way to safeguard their captives, then they can be competitive.
The best Cardassian decks aren't capture-heavy for that reason, Number One and Markus Whatever are others -- sorry TK you can't GPT them. Better to just use Corbin Entek and get an event out of it.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]