You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

Which affiliation will be the biggest surprise at 2E Worlds?

Bajoran
4%
Borg
4%
Cardassian
9%
Dominion
6%
Federation (TNG, DS9-E, TOS or Voy)
7%
Ferengi
13%
Maquis
3%
Mouth of the Wormhole - DS9
12%
Mouth of the Wormhole - TN
3%
Khan
13%
Klingon
4%
Relativity
12%
Romulan
1%
Starfleet
6%
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
MidnightLich wrote:What do you expect players will play for the Qualifier (Day 1)? What about for the finals - how do you think the Final (Day 2) decks will compare to the Qualifier (Day 1) decks?
Day 1, as a Swiss tournament, should see a solid mix of speed and mid-range steamrollers with a dash of control from those known for playing it. Day 2, as a non-Swiss tournament, will be another sea of Timed Game Superstars ™ just like every other Match Play / Bracket year.

By ntimmons (Neil Timmons)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
LORE wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:What do you expect players will play for the Qualifier (Day 1)? What about for the finals - how do you think the Final (Day 2) decks will compare to the Qualifier (Day 1) decks?
Day 1, as a Swiss tournament, should see a solid mix of speed and mid-range steamrollers with a dash of control from those known for playing it. Day 2, as a non-Swiss tournament, will be another sea of Timed Game Superstars ™ just like every other Match Play / Bracket year.
I don't know man.. I don't remember the last game in match play end in a MW or ML...

I still stick to my original argument, if you are playing for a modified win, you are playing to lose. If you are just trying to get bonus points, then you have to stop me from solving a mission for the whole hour.. if you are rocking 20 point planet & space missions to get planet & space as fast as possible, then you have to stop me from getting planet & space & more points for the rest of the hour..

anybody playing for a modified win is disadvantaging themselves.

n!

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
Winner of Borg wrote:
KillerB wrote:Dirty Euros can't play anything under 60 cards. The more the game has allowed absurdly large decks, via downloading, the more success Europe has had in 2E.
it's not absurd as long as you can hold it in one hand!
Is that what you tell the wife?

:wink:

By Ajnaran
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:I have a bad dream where Charlie polls the crowd before Day 1 on how many rounds to play and we do 6 because Minnesota players say they want to go sightseeing in Indianapolis.
I sightsaw once, a long time ago, in Indy at I believe the first gencon there. It was a golf course and I remember seeing more trash than grass on the fairways. That was my last attempt at sightseeing in Indy.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:I have a bad dream where Charlie polls the crowd before Day 1 on how many rounds to play and we do 6 because Minnesota players say they want to go sightseeing in Indianapolis.
Been there and done that. Last year when I had to walk from the hospital to the nearest open pharmacy (2 miles to the northeast), and then back to the convention center (another 2 miles south) I got to see a lot of scenery. The more rounds the better, and everything I've heard indicates 8 is the number.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
KillerB wrote:I once got kidnapped by Hoffman and had to drive around Indy for hours on a Decipher Supply Run.
We learned pretty quick to avoid the south side of Indy. That whole part of town was run down. I had a hotel there that year & never went back.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Mugato wrote:We learned pretty quick to avoid the south side of Indy. That whole part of town was run down. I had a hotel there that year & never went back.
I was curious as to why Hoffman would never go back to south Indy so I googled it. This is what I got:

TK

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote:To be honest, anywhere outside the convention will probably smell better than inside.
By Sunday thats true. But Indy has the worst sewer system of any city I've been to. You turn a corner sometimes and get hit with the waft of hot sewer stench.
Pretty good reason to move Worlds somewhere with sanitation!

Honest
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Going back to the topic of 2E, I'm not surprised to see Cardassians as one of the top vote getters; they have long been a "dark horse" favorite pick of mine to do well at Worlds. I know they've showed up a few times, but they have some nice new toys now and I think they could make a splash if piloted by a skilled player.

I'm surprised to see so few votes for the Bajorans, especially after all the concern right after the release of Return to Grace. Does anyone think there is a lurking Bajoran power deck out there, or did the recent errata to Covenant take all the wind out of their sails?

-crp

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Would Equinox be included in the "Voy" label? Curious as to why Relativity got its own poll place.

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]