You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 228 posts
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Good morning everyone! I'm very excited to be making my second pilgrimage to GenCon for my first World Championship appearance. It's a huge treat to have the chance to play alongside so many talented people as well as volunteer for the Committee.

I'm heading out the door in just a few minutes to head for the airport but I wanted to get this thread started first. I'll do my best to post semi-regular updates on this thread for players that aren't able to attend Worlds this year - starting with the WCT event tonight and extending to both 1E and 2E Days 1 and 2, and finishing up with Tribbles Worlds on Sunday. Hopefully others will keep an eye on this thread and help me keep you up to date in the event I am otherwise occupied (playing in other events, judging, etc.)

Meanwhile, for those that are going, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again as well as meeting some new faces! I should be arriving at the JW between 2:30 and 3 pm and will be at Granite City for tonight's side events. If anyone wants to contact me before then (or is looking to hang out during the downtime) you can text me at 321-795-6874.

Good luck to everyone, and happy gaming!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
chompers wrote:Have fun everyone. Wish I could be there.

Looking forward to reading the updates.
What he said :thumbsup:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
This has been me for the last 48 hours or so:

GENCON!!!

GENCON!!!

So super pumped to be making my return to Worlds after a six year hiatus! :D

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Breaking results direct from Indy!

I just finished marking 20 assignments for one of the classes that I teach. Ooh, the excitement! ;-)

(luckily I planned it better this year, so unlike last year I don't have 40 final projects and 40 final exams to be marked this weekend ;-) )

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Maelwys wrote:Breaking results direct from Indy!

I just finished marking 20 assignments for one of the classes that I teach. Ooh, the excitement! ;-)

(luckily I planned it better this year, so unlike last year I don't have 40 final projects and 40 final exams to be marked this weekend ;-) )
How'd they do?

WE NEED RESULTS FROM SOMEONE ABOUT SOMETHING!

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Iron Mike wrote:
Maelwys wrote:Breaking results direct from Indy!

How'd they do?

WE NEED RESULTS FROM SOMEONE ABOUT SOMETHING!
Not too bad. Class average was about 85%. with 6 people going undefeated. ;-)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Maelwys wrote:Not too bad. Class average was about 85%. with 6 people going undefeated. ;-)
Man, you must be way nicer than me. My last class got an average of 71.3% on their finals with a top grade of 92%.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I'll be there soon.

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]