You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 228 posts
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Danny wrote:I guess when it's not a right, it's a thrill.
Thanks for the clarification, Danny. This also solves the riddle of why shooting ranges are so popular in Las Vegas (which I also didn't fully understand.) Much appreciated! :thumbsup:

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Also, the ID Draft tourney on Saturday afternoon (using the new draft format which Charlie had previously described) was lots of fun! We had 10 players, iirc. I hope any additional tests go well, as I feel the new card pool and rules simplified drafting and will make the format 1) More fun for regular players and 2) an easier intro to 2E for new players.

Congrats to our new World champs, and thanks to everyone for some amazing games & fun over the weekend!

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Danny wrote:
LORE wrote:I assume guns are outlawed or something where he is from, but I am honestly curious what the hoopla was about. Thanks! :cheersL:
You assume correctly. In the UK, the only people that have (legal) access to guns are members of the armed forces, specially trained cops, James Bond and farmers (while, illegally, a few criminal sorts do too). I'm guessing Niall isn't any of those.
See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politi ... 2_Olympics

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Marquetry wrote:Also, the ID Draft tourney on Saturday afternoon (using the new draft format which Charlie had previously described) was lots of fun! We had 10 players, iirc. I hope any additional tests go well, as I feel the new card pool and rules simplified drafting and will make the format 1) More fun for regular players and 2) an easier intro to 2E for new players.

Congrats to our new World champs, and thanks to everyone for some amazing games & fun over the weekend!
where is the 'new draft format' described?

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
BaronMorrath wrote:
Marquetry wrote:Also, the ID Draft tourney on Saturday afternoon (using the new draft format which Charlie had previously described) was lots of fun! We had 10 players, iirc. I hope any additional tests go well, as I feel the new card pool and rules simplified drafting and will make the format 1) More fun for regular players and 2) an easier intro to 2E for new players.

where is the 'new draft format' described?
viewtopic.php?p=268703#p268703
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
SAM2000 wrote:Were any videos recorded this year of 1E or 2E finals?
I took some pictures, and so did a couple of others, but I didn't really have the equipment for video recording. (I'm hoping to one day change that.)
Ambassador
By rsutton41 (Ryan Sutton)
 - Ambassador
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
I will be more than happy to record it next year if people would like me too. I have plenty of equipment :D
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
We need a hat mounted GoPro camera setup!

TK
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
I have uploaded two images I took of the 1E Worlds final and eventual winner Jason Drake proudly displaying his Blade of T'Kon.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Bosskamiura wrote:We need a hat mounted GoPro camera setup!

TK
we need those camera mounted in the table like they do for world series of poker so you can see player's hole cards (hidden agendas!) and I guess whatever is on the bottom of their side decks lol

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:I have uploaded two images I took of the 1E Worlds final and eventual winner Jason Drake proudly displaying his Blade of T'Kon.
Oh that's how Jason won! He wore his Seahawks jersey.

It worked earlier this year, why wouldn't it work again?

:cheersR:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
The Mad Vulcan wrote:Oh that's how Jason won! He wore his Seahawks jersey.
He wore Seahawks gear all weekend iirc. :wink:

By Wambundu (Jason Drake)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:I have uploaded two images I took of the 1E Worlds final and eventual winner Jason Drake proudly displaying his Blade of T'Kon.
Do you have a photo hosting account somewhere? I click on "photos" at the bottom of your posts and all I get is a SQuirreL error.

Damn squirrels.
Last edited by Wambundu on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]