You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
This year we had several off-site events, held at Granite City Brewery. The events space that we were given was provided to us by the restaurant free of charge (on the simple condition that we ate/drank while we were there). Although the Wednesday events started out a bit chaotic (I don't think they were ready for us, since they had some issues with the kitchen dealing with the volume, and had to account for people placing orders from one seat, and then moving to a different seat before the food arrived, and shifting constantly during the tournaments), overall I believe it was a really positive experience. The food and drink was good, and well priced. And the atmosphere was fun and friendly. Although there was no official Biermeister this year, I thought that these tournaments provided a better (and safer) alternative. Fun/casual tournaments with friends, food, and drink... but the drinking stayed casual instead of competitive, which is much safer for everybody (and means we're not liable for anything). A perfect way to start and end the convention week.

If you enjoyed these events as much as I did, please tell the people at Granite City! Everybody appreciates positive feedback, and the staff at that location worked their asses off for us that night. And if we show gratitude for what we were given this year, it also increases the chances that we'll be invited back for more of the same next year!

You can find contact information for the Corporate Office on this site, or just fill out the form. http://www.gcfb.net/contact-us
Our server on the first night (who also returned to help out on Sunday night, though he was out of uniform and thus presumably not actually on duty) was Matthew. Say lots of good things about him, because he was awesome!
Tribbles Art Manager
By Kamala (Andrea Heywood-Lobban)
 - Tribbles Art Manager
 -  
Done! I hope we get to do something similar next year! It was great!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Great venue. I was especially fond of the hostess who kept flirting with me, not the other way around, until I offered to buy her a drink and she said she wasn't of legal drinking age. :o
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
nickyank wrote:That happens to the best of us Kris. At least you found out her age *before* you bought her a drink. :wink:
LOL good point!

Lobban was right there, I got backup on this. It continued into round 2, but by round 3 she was nowhere to be found. Must have been past her bedtime. :shifty:

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]