You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ask any questions about travelling to/from (and around) Australia in this thread.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Fritzinger wrote:Fellow travellers ... when are you planning on arriving in Oz and what stops are you making apart from Sydney?
I, (and the VBs), plan to arrive on the 14th and spend the First week just north of Brisbane, then the seocond week back in the Syndey area however part of this is because we have already all done the Sydney area for two weeks last Aussie Worlds, If you are plannign to be there for only two weeks, (worlds taking 4.5 or so days of that up), I would not bother to leave the main Sydney area there is a TONE to do with in the city, (if hights don't parralize you with fear do the full Bridge Climb it costs a lot but it is an amazing experance that really is not replicated anywhere else and very intresting), and day trips on the train system, (I recomend the blue mountians), you don't really need to spend the time and money to get further away on a first viset unless you have more extra time to spend down under to have a fabulous visit. On day i hope to make it to West Australia or the far north/south coast areas but it's a BIG place and it all takes time i sadly don't have enough vacation for.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Fritzinger wrote:I booked a flight to "New Zealand". That's in Sydney, right?
In as much as Madagascar is in Cape Town. New Zealand is very much a different country so...

Michael

By kingmj4891 (Matthew King)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:I booked a flight to "New Zealand". That's in Sydney, right?

You would be 2,224 km away from Sydney.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Fritzinger wrote:Cool, I'll take the bus. Can't wait to see the shire!
Well if it's to Auckland you'll be closer to Sydney than any other Australian capital city.

I lost a bet on that last week.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Latok wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:Cool, I'll take the bus. Can't wait to see the shire!
Well if it's to Auckland you'll be closer to Sydney than any other Australian capital city.

I lost a bet on that last week.
Clasic! So yeah trolling aside the plans is to do NZ after oz but the return ticket from Wellington to ct was more important for other visa reasons so I booked it first.

Anyway, super excited to meet flight of the conchords and sonny-bill when I get to Sydney.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Seriously, though wanting to visit NZ from Australia (and if you can you should, its a great place) you can go Sydney-Auckland for $AU200-$AU250

NZ is a great place, slightly quieter than Sydney (even Auckland) but the people are uber friendly and the natural landscape is fantastic

Staying on target, anyone coming to Sydney will have as much or as little local hospitality as they desire. Sydney is a fine city, having TREK worlds here is a great reason to come and check it out

Cheers

Honest

By Madred
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
What's the traffic situation like in Sydney? We are going to be driving from as far north as the Australia Zoo down to Sydney and am curious if the car will be more annoying than not...
Chief Financial Officer
 - Chief Financial Officer
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
I do have my trip all planned out, I will be arriving in Sydney on the 17th shortly after Ken and crew gotta represent the USA baby!

But I am going to have a great time, my last big trip was to Italy in 2009
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]