You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Madred wrote:What's the traffic situation like in Sydney? We are going to be driving from as far north as the Australia Zoo down to Sydney and am curious if the car will be more annoying than not...
in DT sydney I would nto want to drive, really all of it is in walkign distance and they even have a free buss that loops the core and comes every 10 mins. inside sydney it self foot/public trasport would server yo better i think parking is also from what i saw limited and SPESIVE. The extesives train system is also VERY good for getitng from sydney to the suberbs, now the zoo that Irwin used to work out is WAY north of sydney inland form the gold coast, drivign form there to sydney coudl be fun, it might be more then a day of driving, the trian takes 15 hours. I'm planing to rent a car for the first week while on the gold coast, but once i move down to sydney, (by plane), I will use the trasit system and feet, as last time it served me VERY well.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Madred wrote:What's the traffic situation like in Sydney? We are going to be driving from as far north as the Australia Zoo down to Sydney and am curious if the car will be more annoying than not...
Sunshine Coast to Sydney is a long drive (11-ish hours according to google maps) -- I've only done it once before over three days with the kids in the car. In the ideal world, Id probably do it in two.

Once in Sydney CBD the traffic is pretty heavy. The main roads in and out also get heavy at peak times. Outside of that they are pretty good.

If you're coming to worlds, there's no need to drive in the Sydney CBD which might be a good thing for a traveller. There's lots of opportunity to end up at the wrong destination with many one-way roads and so on. A decent GPS device would help. I'd recommended public transport (trains and buses) which run regularly. Airfares from Sunshine Coast to Sydney and then trains to get around is probably quite reasonably priced (under $200 AUD - approx $150 USD (one way).
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Last year my brother and I drove from Brisbane (in the North) to Sydney (in the South) and that took around 12 hours, Australia Zoo is another 1-2 hours north of where we live, the trip wasn't that bad a few breaks for food and to swap drivers, we hit Newcastle at peak hour so that was slow (which is when we decided to get dinner). There was also a lot of construction work on the road down, like 15 or so different areas some stretched for ages going at 40kph. I personally didn't mind it too much but not doing it again this year.

Like Ken said parking is pretty annoying anywhere near the city, very little and usually expensive, public transport is a solid system in Sydney though.

By Madred
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
We were going to take three daysish for the Gold Coast drive. We've got stops along the way planned out. We are starting in NZ, then coming to AU on the 17th. Australia Zoo on the 18th, then driving down the coast to Sydney. We fly out on the 24th. This whole thing started with me trying to go to worlds, then my job schedule changed and I wouldn't be able to make the trip unless we left a week earlier, which ruled out worlds, but not the trip.

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
Fritzinger wrote:I just paid cash money for a ticket to Sydney on the 14/09. Worlds is still in September, right?
:thumbsup:

That's great news! Worlds 2015 looks like it's already set a record for players from most continents attending :cheersR:

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Wedge772 wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:I just paid cash money for a ticket to Sydney on the 14/09. Worlds is still in September, right?
:thumbsup:

That's great news! Worlds 2015 looks like it's already set a record for players from most continents attending :cheersR:
Look out for the Antarcticans and their feared penguin decks!
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Fritzinger wrote:
Wedge772 wrote: That's great news! Worlds 2015 looks like it's already set a record for players from most continents attending :cheersR:
Doesn't one of your players work somewhere in Asia sometimes? That totally counts as another one!
We need more than 3 continents to break this record, 4 if Matthew Ting wasn't in Malaysia during Australia's Worlds in 2012 :)

Michael

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
Fritzinger wrote:
Wedge772 wrote: That's great news! Worlds 2015 looks like it's already set a record for players from most continents attending :cheersR:
Doesn't one of your players work somewhere in Asia sometimes? That totally counts as another one!
Yup, me :) I've already booked my flight to Sydney back from Malaysia, so that totally counts! Haven't heard if any Europeans are able to make it for Worlds this year though.
The Ninja Scot wrote: We need more than 3 continents to break this record, 4 if Matthew Ting wasn't in Malaysia during Australia's Worlds in 2012 :)
Nope, I was living in Sydney full time in 2012, so I figure the current record is 3. Worlds 2015 is already at 4 continents, it'll hit 5 if any Europeans come down.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
I used to live in Tasmania - ask most Australians and they will tell you that counts as another continent - unfortunately noone that I know of is coming from Tasmania.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I wish i could go...

By Gumbo
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Unfortunately both myself and unjustly banned are not able to make it this year. It was a blast last time around and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of going.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]