You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ask any questions about tourism in Australia in this thread!

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Featherdale at Doonside, 20 minutes or so by train from parramatta.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Anyone want to combine on tourism? On my list is:

Pylon Lookout (apparently the same view as Harbour Bridge but 1/10 the price)
1 or more zoos
Blue Mountain
Manly Ferry
Spit Bridge to Manly (lotta Manly on this list)

Any other suggestions? Which zoos are most easily accessible and worth doing?

I'll cross off some of this stuff on Saturday with a South African friend but let me know if any of you international/out of town people have cool plans. After 4 months on the road I do lean towards free stuff though :).

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:Anyone want to combine on tourism? On my list is:

Pylon Lookout (apparently the same view as Harbour Bridge but 1/10 the price)
1 or more zoos
Blue Mountain
Manly Ferry

Any other suggestions? Which zoos are most easily accessible and worth doing?

I'll cross off some of this stuff on Saturday with a South African friend but let me know if any of you international/out of town people have cool plans. After 4 months on the road I do lean towards free stuff though :).
Been to Manly (and back) on ferry, and it was awesome fun (well, at least it was for me - choppy water, standing up front of the boat in my Captain Jack Harkness long coat, getting drenched but looking fabulous). ;)

Back in the day, not a Sydney trip would go by without us Perth players taking a stroll down to Circular Quay, then up to the Opera House. It's a lovely walk, with plenty of photo opportunities, and costs absolutely nothing.

Darling Harbour is also worth a look. Work out the public transport and get to Bondi if you can. One of the most famous beaches in Australia, despite being far from the best.

Taronga Zoo is nice, but hardly unique to a travelled tourist. I don't think the Blue Mountains are something you can necessarily strike off in a day, however that's better answered by a Sydney-sider. There's a train that goes there from the city, I understand.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
If you're staying in Parramatta, the blue mountains become pretty accessible, a bit over an hour's drive according to Google, if you're staying in the CBD of Sydney then that adds about 1/2 an hour travel time. My brother did a day trip to the blue mountains recently so it can certainly be done and is well worth it.

Sydney tower (previously centrepoint) is also worth a look. The tallest building in the centre of the CBD. I'm told the view is excellent, though not for the height averse. http://www.sydneytowereye.com.au/

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Doing an Escape Room would be fun for travelling TREK goobers, if only to get to know each other better. They are fabulous BTW

Good one can be found below, its at the Rocks in Sydney (a cool place to be anyway)

http://www.paniqroom.com.au/

If you like mingling with pretty people head down to the Opera Bar, below the Opera House on the Quays foreshore. The views of the harbour and the patrons are always breath taking

Honest

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
stoovie wrote: I don't think the Blue Mountains are something you can necessarily strike off in a day, however that's better answered by a Sydney-sider. There's a train that goes there from the city, I understand.
A group of us Trek travelers did a Train ride out to and day trip to the blue Mountains last time it was the full day but very much a great experience.

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
Fritzinger wrote: Manly Ferry
I live about 10mins drive from Manly, you're welcome to come over to this part of the world :)

Been doing alot of touristy stuff this week, since I've had other overseas friends come to stay this week. Next Monday / Tuesday is going to involve a fair amount of last minute printing and cutting decks, but I can definitely say hi if you're over this way!

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]