You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Hey Team,

I recently watched the Feb 2015 episode of The Discard Pile, and the very talented MVB was asked to give his attendance over/under line for Worlds in Sydney this year. His number-32

So, post up whether you think we'll be over or under. As a side question, post up what number you think should be hit for the event to be a success

Full disclosure! A bunch of us in Sydney have been working our balls off (that is a technical term) teaching and promoting the game since late last year. Former and new players over the last few months have played in locals, the Sydney base is growing (mainly because Worlds is on). Factor that in (or factor against it) as you wish

For the record, I am suggesting we'll get over 32, with 40 players being a success

Cheers!

Honest

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Fritzinger wrote:Need some info. What's happened to the Dillon clan?
I'd expect the Dillons to show. I spoke to AdmiralG recently and he seemed to think they'll make it to Australian Championships so I can't see them missing worlds.

Australian Championships pretty safely draws 20 or so players and there is usually a few no shows. The number that won't make it to worlds would be lower, perhaps putting us at 25 without too much effort and without international travellers - that should put us past 30.

I guess we scale up from there.

I know one thing, whatever number we do get, it will be more than we would have got if Honest wasn't working tirelessly to promote the game and to bring in new players.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
At this stage looks like

3-5 from Brisbane
2 from Canberra
3-5 from Perth
2 from Melbourne

I am not sure of the overseas team yet, looks like 3-6

There will be a bunch of Sydney players turning up also (15 at worst, however many we can make extra in the next 6 months at best)

Cheers

Honest

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Big Question: Is Steven Livanes coming? That cat has been in retirement for far too long. Someone needs to pull him out from whatever part of the Outback he's holed up in and get him to a STCCG table! 8)

Also, I presume the two from Canberra are the Clarke brothers? It would be nice to see them take the field again as well... :cross:

All that said, I'll take the under, but just slightly. I'm thinking 28ish.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
The success of this (or any STCCG Event) should not be based on attendance. Not in 2015.

STCCG events are a Success when the people that go have a great time.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The 2 from Canberra are not the CLarke Brothers. Big Nuts has picked up the game since January (because of worlds as it happens) and another player Mike Pittman (who may now not be available)

Cheers

Honest

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
jjh wrote:The success of this (or any STCCG Event) should not be based on attendance. Not in 2015.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:
jjh wrote:The success of this (or any STCCG Event) should not be based on attendance. Not in 2015.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I absolutely agree, however tell the detractors of the rotation policy that

Honest
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark's[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]