You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 246 posts
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
chompers wrote:Ken and Michael tie the second match

Ken is the highest ranked player meaning he is crowned dual world champion. Amazing effort! Congrats to ken and also to runner up Michael.

Tribbles about to begin ... Can ken go three for three
Congrats Ken! Double Champ!

And the tie outcome in best of threes is something I had to go and look up as I'd never seen that before!

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:
chompers wrote:Ken and Michael tie the second match

Ken is the highest ranked player meaning he is crowned dual world champion. Amazing effort! Congrats to ken and also to runner up Michael.

Tribbles about to begin ... Can ken go three for three
Congrats Ken! Double Champ!

And the tie outcome in best of threes is something I had to go and look up as I'd never seen that before!
It's a change put into effect after the 2011 2E Worlds final. The rule then was that if a game ended in a tie, it was considered a win for the higher seed. This resulted in the Mike Harrington-Geoffery Peterson final being a win for Mike when both games ended in ties. The rule was changed shortly after so that it was only a tie in the match result that gave the win to the higher seed.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Late Tribbles update

17 players across four pods each with some epic results

Final was Michael van Breemen, mike nugent, fritz Meissner and Steve Hartmann

Fritz nad never played Tribbles and borrowed one of my decks. He went out in the first three rounds and had a healthy lead against the rest of us all playing batle decks

Then Michael went out scoring 4.1 million Tribbles

He also went out the following round bringing his final score to 4.8 million

Congrats to Michael van Breemen the 2015 Tribbles world champion,

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
I am driving home tomorrow and plan to spend the day with my wife who's birthday I missed today to run this event. Once I get the chance I will finish off the admin work. Trying to upload as many results now as I can.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
I just got home, and have that tired, happy that it happened, sad that its over feeling. The people who played TREK this week are amazing. A few thank you's are in order

First up, thanks to Ken, Justin, Amber and MVP for coming over and classing up the place. That you guys went so well made me happy. The look on Ken's face when he was declared the winner was fantastic, and the generous, enthusiastic applause MVB gave him moments later showed wonderful sportsmanship and camaraderie. Great people, fine players

If there has ever been a better ambassador for South Africa than Fritz, I am yet to have heard of them. Fritz is a wonderfully polite, funny, easy going gentleman who is easy to be with. After only meeting him 7 days ago I will miss having him around. A great guy

To Stoovie and Chompers in the nuts and bolts get it done engine room of running a bunch of high level events over 5 days, plus sides, you guys made it look easy. Well done guys, massively impressed

To Jason Conlon for helping me find new goobers to show the game to, thanks. Not only are you one of natures gentlemen, you are a very good friend. We'd be 5 goobers less for the main game and 10 goobers less in our community without you!

To the ever reliable, ever competitive, ever fun Dillon family, thanks for making the effort again to come down from brisvegas. Its always great to see you guys and hang out, I hope you had a good enough time this time to do it again soon

To Danny Powell, thanks for coming over and keeping Stoovie playing. You were great to hang out with, even more cooler than I remembered you from 10 years ago!

And to the greater Sydney TREK community (and Jayzilla), thanks for being such a great bunch of people. It is uber rewarding to know that when a new player come into the group they are made welcome by all.

Thanks CC for allowing Sydney the honour of hosting the 2015 worlds, we did our best to make you proud

Hopefully there will be an Aussie contingent at Worlds London 2016 when we can do it all again (and drink beer with my favourite Brits, Germans, Czechs and Danes!)

Cheers

Honest

By Broshak
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Twice in one day Fritz beats me at the last second, first time due to a massive failure on my part (lets call it an effort to improve his trip to Australia) and the second time in the craziest tribbles game I've seen. Glad to have had 2 memorable games this weekend with such a great guy.

Was great seeing all the Sydney guys and Stoovie again this year after missing continentals. Many new faces in the group which is always a good sign.

Congrats to Ken and Michael and thanks to all the internationals who made the trip, hope to see you all and some others next year.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:Congratulations Ken!

Now, did he manage the Triple Crown and take the Tribbles Championship as well?
Nope BUT I have a past tribbles crown under my belt so that is a first from some one to have held all 3 at some point :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
chompers wrote:Late Tribbles update

17 players across four pods each with some epic results

Final was Michael van Breemen, mike nugent, fritz Meissner and Steve Hartmann

Fritz nad never played Tribbles and borrowed one of my decks. He went out in the first three rounds and had a healthy lead against the rest of us all playing batle decks

Then Michael went out scoring 4.1 million Tribbles

He also went out the following round bringing his final score to 4.8 million

Congrats to Michael van Breemen the 2015 Tribbles world champion,
Congrats to Ken for 'Pulling the Slaby' and winning 1e AND 2e. :thumbsup:

Congrats to MVB for winning Tribbles! :thumbsup:

Congrats to the North American travelers for a successful invasion and pillaging of Australia! :P

I'm sure the post-Worlds conversation will continue, but today, in this thread, it's important to acknowledge that another World Championship weekend for three 'dead' card games was well-attended and from all accounts a great time was had by all. That only happens because of the passion and engagement of the players and organizers, and is to be applauded and commended to everyone who was a part of this weekend.

Qa'Pla! :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Honest wrote:I just got home, and have that tired, happy that it happened, sad that its over feeling. The people who played TREK this week are amazing. A few thank you's are in order

First up, thanks to Ken, Justin, Amber and MVP for coming over and classing up the place. That you guys went so well made me happy. The look on Ken's face when he was declared the winner was fantastic, and the generous, enthusiastic applause MVB gave him moments later showed wonderful sportsmanship and camaraderie. Great people, fine players

If there has ever been a better ambassador for South Africa than Fritz, I am yet to have heard of them. Fritz is a wonderfully polite, funny, easy going gentleman who is easy to be with. After only meeting him 7 days ago I will miss having him around. A great guy

To Stoovie and Chompers in the nuts and bolts get it done engine room of running a bunch of high level events over 5 days, plus sides, you guys made it look easy. Well done guys, massively impressed

To Jason Conlon for helping me find new goobers to show the game to, thanks. Not only are you one of natures gentlemen, you are a very good friend. We'd be 5 goobers less for the main game and 10 goobers less in our community without you!

To the ever reliable, ever competitive, ever fun Dillon family, thanks for making the effort again to come down from brisvegas. Its always great to see you guys and hang out, I hope you had a good enough time this time to do it again soon

To Danny Powell, thanks for coming over and keeping Stoovie playing. You were great to hang out with, even more cooler than I remembered you from 10 years ago!

And to the greater Sydney TREK community (and Jayzilla), thanks for being such a great bunch of people. It is uber rewarding to know that when a new player come into the group they are made welcome by all.

Thanks CC for allowing Sydney the honour of hosting the 2015 worlds, we did our best to make you proud

Hopefully there will be an Aussie contingent at Worlds London 2016 when we can do it all again (and drink beer with my favourite Brits, Germans, Czechs and Danes!)

Cheers

Honest
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank-You to the Aussies for Hosting an AMAZING event, I have had a BLAST, and look forward to worlds 2018? down-under again!!!!
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Kieren is being too modest about his role this weekend. The man has built the world's biggest playgroup in his spare time, including some strong players who are starting to displace the old hands at the top of the standings. Of course Good Games relationship/sponsorship of Trek is his work too.

On top of that he is the most supportive opponent anyone could ever play against. A true champion of the trek people.

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]