You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 246 posts
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Broshak wrote:Twice in one day Fritz beats me at the last second, first time due to a massive failure on my part (lets call it an effort to improve his trip to Australia)
You're a class act, it was really a tie and that top 4 spot was rightfully yours. No-one would have judged you for holding on to that but to take a risk on winning or losing in the last turn is a tale I'll make sure is told many times over.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Ken is now rated over 2000 in both 1E and 2E.

He needs some sort of special "Grand Master" badge. :D

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Resistance-is-futile wrote:Love Sydney would even consider looking for an overseas job :)
But do they need someone to make Tacos?

:D

We wouldn't allow you to leave.

:wink:
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
"Once Ken learns to play this game [2E], he's going to get scary good." -Me, in 2012

Bravo to both Ken and Michael. I thoroughly enjoyed watching you guys on the stream. The two of you are absolute top of the game competitors, and among the players I have the most respect for. Congrats to Ken on a well earned double gold.

To all that attended: anyone that took photos of the event, if you would please send them to doggah@gmail.com when you have the time, I would be most grateful. I'll be putting together a Worlds photo album on the CC Facebook page in the coming days.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
All results for the weekend have now been uploaded

I will give players a few days to upload their own decklists (please) and then will try and fill in the gaps.

thanks to everyone involved

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
More congrats to the winners Ken, and Ken, and MVB! :cheersR:

And again, many thanks to Matthyas, Steve and Kieren for making this happen. Trek in Australia is flourishing because of your tireless efforts. Maybe not completely tireless from Kieren, the thought of putting together a sealed 1E deck proved too much for him on Sunday :P

Also, thanks to Kris and Niall who weren't here, but helped me fine tune my decks in preparation. Also again to Kris for the Minnesota care package. You have no idea how much Iron Mike loves that "I Heart MN" can holder.

Personal highlights (that I can remember right now):

- getting beaten in a mirror matchup on 2E Day 1 by new player Hash, who had printed out my own Dominion Continentals deck. He even ended the day on a higher ranking than me

- losing to a barbering deck at 1E Worlds

- the look on Ken's face every time we had a duplicated mission, 1E day 1 and 2

- swearing on live Swedish breakfast TV, even if the audio didn't quite catch it

- played 3 epic games of 1E against Ben Dillon. All 3 games involved things going horribly wrong for both of us, but that's what made them great. The Devil + Res Q in OTSD sealed is very naughty, but that's what Countermanda is for :shifty:

- dropping from 2E day 2 to let Craig Giblett advance, and so I could have a relaxed Sunday brunch with my girlfriend before coming over. Craig had some bad luck on day 1, but he went on to be the highest placing Sydney player on day 2

- playing against international players I'd never met in person before, Justin and Fritz

By s_ramme (Soren Ramme Nielsen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Danish National Runner-Up 2015
Fritzinger wrote:Kieren is being too modest about his role this weekend. The man has built the world's biggest playgroup in his spare time, including some strong players who are starting to displace the old hands at the top of the standings. Of course Good Games relationship/sponsorship of Trek is his work too.

On top of that he is the most supportive opponent anyone could ever play against. A true champion of the trek people.
:thumbsup:

By Broshak
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:
Broshak wrote:Twice in one day Fritz beats me at the last second, first time due to a massive failure on my part (lets call it an effort to improve his trip to Australia)
You're a class act, it was really a tie and that top 4 spot was rightfully yours. No-one would have judged you for holding on to that but to take a risk on winning or losing in the last turn is a tale I'll make sure is told many times over.
Victory or Death.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Well done Ken on the double victory, absolutely amazing. But can you evade sexecution next year in London? I'll be training for the next year to take you down by having all my opponents wear masks of your face.

:P

Congrats to all the Aussies in making the weekend happen. Even though I wasn't there, it looked very well organised and we got lots of info as it happened.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:Well done Ken on the double victory, absolutely amazing. But can you evade sexecution next year in London? I'll be training for the next year to take you down by having all my opponents wear masks of your face.

:P

Congrats to all the Aussies in making the weekend happen. Even though I wasn't there, it looked very well organised and we got lots of info as it happened.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Will you be providing Ken with a number to get the mask made and then provide shipping of the mask to folks :P
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Congrats to the Aussies on their events this weekend. I hope you enjoyed the MN related prizes Lillian and I rounded up for you. Likewise, the Aussie prizes were very well received here, even the Vegamite! Many thanks! :cheersL:
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]