You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 92 posts
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB's daft way of saying he thinks he's been promoting trek longer than I remember
Nobody needs to be worried about me being offended by John except in as much as he was being historically inaccurate to dodge an issue that was very much in question: if he thinks he can do better, why hasn't he already?

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
It seems to me that the weekend in Aussie land was a major success.

Very well done to all who organised it, really wish I was there.

:thumbsup:

Though I demand more Kangaroos and giant mutant spiders at worlds 2018

For those coming to London next year, I ensure there will be scones, crumpets and whatever silly things the English eat
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
sexecutioner wrote:For those coming to London next year, I ensure there will be scones, crumpets and whatever silly things the English eat
Hey, it may be in England, but it's the UK hosting the rest of the World, so I expect to see some Scottish hospitality on show too. You'd best bring some Tartan, shortbread, Irn Bru and whisky.

But, keep the "tossing the caber" to yourself yeah?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:
Bosskamiura wrote: Who is this "Matts1"? Was Worlds really his first time playing and he made day 2? Did I read that right?
Worlds 2012 (1E) - Runner up was the at-that-time-unranked Matt Ting. He's a world class player, so don't assume that unranked = walkover!
So if this 'Matts1' is Ting why was a second username created instead of using his other handle? (Wedge###)

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:
Bosskamiura wrote: Who is this "Matts1"? Was Worlds really his first time playing and he made day 2? Did I read that right?
Worlds 2012 (1E) - Runner up was the at-that-time-unranked Matt Ting. He's a world class player, so don't assume that unranked = walkover!
So if this 'Matts1' is Ting why was a second username created instead of using his other handle? (Wedge###)
I don't think he was saying that Matts is Matthew Ting. He was comparing Matts with Ting, who accomplished an even bigger feat in 2012 and went on to become a top-level player. Basically just saying, don't discount the little guy just because this is his first tournament.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
prylardurden wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:
Plus, if you saw them in person you'd see that they look *very* different :)

Michael,
who saw a lot of different people this year

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Also please keep in mind folks, that a lot of the new players from Aussie, could have joined the forums and read all of this. Think about how you would receive some of the things being written about your local playgroup as a new player. Quite a few of the comments personally I would consider quite offensive in their shoes.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Mogor wrote:Also please keep in mind folks, that a lot of the new players from Aussie, could have joined the forums and read all of this. Think about how you would receive some of the things being written about your local playgroup as a new player. Quite a few of the comments personally I would consider quite offensive in their shoes.
Very true

Matts1 is Matt Stark. He picked the game up recently and I had not met him until the morning of the tournament. When he told me his name at registration I said "That's awesome, do you get that a lot?"
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I'd like the people who think they can buy worlds to try and do exactly that in 3 years time. You'll have an amazing holiday in one of the most beautiful cities in the world (seriously, where I come from we don't give that compliment easily), I'll give you some tourism tips to keep the costs down, you'll meet the friendliest Trek players ever AND you probably won't win, because only one person wins the world championship and the aussies will keep getting better at Trek.

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
chompers wrote:
Mogor wrote:Also please keep in mind folks, that a lot of the new players from Aussie, could have joined the forums and read all of this. Think about how you would receive some of the things being written about your local playgroup as a new player. Quite a few of the comments personally I would consider quite offensive in their shoes.
Very true

Matts1 is Matt Stark. He picked the game up recently and I had not met him until the morning of the tournament. When he told me his name at registration I said "That's awesome, do you get that a lot?"
Unfortunately these guys were in the system already at the time of entering Worlds results. I will be contacting Chris soon to update these odd "handles" with the proper full names.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Having browsed through all 6 pages of this, I've got no idea what the whole point of this discussion is...
But it's certainly very entertaining! :thumbsup:

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
monty42 wrote:Having browsed through all 6 pages of this, I've got no idea what the whole point of this discussion is...
But it's certainly very entertaining! :thumbsup:
I second this.
High-level-named tournaments primary objective is to promote the game and attract players. Looking at the attendance of this year's Worlds at Australia, it was a success.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.