You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Australia has always been at the forefront of new ideas and strategies to make our big events more awesome. We have been striving to outdo ourselves every year since 2003, and this year was no exception.

This year we were able to stream games live to the community, including the World Championship finals for 1e, 2e, and even the Tribbles CCG!

We also recorded a number of games, generally the top table of each round of the Worlds events (there is a lot of Ken Tufts in these videos!), and most of those are now online and ready for your viewing pleasure!

WARNING: Please exercise caution with volume levels when viewing these videos. This was more or less a trial run, and there were teething issues, notably with the audio of the 1e Day One videos (that is, those that even have audio).

LANGUAGE ALERT: Please be aware that the microphone used did pick up a range of sounds from across the room, as well as the table being recorded. I cannot guarantee the video will be profanity free. You have been warned...

Additionally, while I did trim down the pre and post-game guff in a few games, towards the end I ran out of time. So enjoy all the randomness of Australian Trek. And Ken Tufts.

There are a few rounds that don't have videos (either at all, or still need work before publishing) for technical reasons. I am still working on those as time permits, however the games below are more or less what you will get for now. Enjoy!

==========

First Edition Day One - Round One -

First Edition Day One - Round Two -

First Edition Day One - Round Three -

First Edition Day One - Round Four - Gr.Dillon vs Tufts

First Edition Day One - Round Five - Ford vs Tufts

First Edition Day One - Round Six - Nugent vs Tufts

First Edition Day Two - Round One - Ford vs Tufts

First Edition Day Two - Round Two - Ford vs Ting

First Edition Day Two - Round Three - Nugent vs Tufts

First Edition Day Two - Final Confrontation - Ting vs Tufts

==========

Second Edition Day One - Round One - Tufts vs Giblett

Second Edition Day One - Round Two - Ting vs Nugent

Second Edition Day One - Round Three - M.Van Breemen vs Nugent << NEW

Second Edition Day One - Round Four - M.Van Breemen vs Tufts

Second Edition Day One - Round Five - B.Dillon vs Tufts

Second Edition Day One - Round Six - Ford vs Tufts

Second Edition Day One - Round Seven - Green vs Tufts

Second Edition Day One - Round Eight -

Second Edition Day Two - Round One - Meissner vs Tufts

Second Edition Day Two - Round Two - Ga.Dillon vs Nugent

Second Edition Day Two - Round Three - Gr.Dillon vs Tufts

Second Edition Day Two - Round Four -

Second Edition Day Two - Final Confrontation - Tufts vs M.Van Breemen

==========

Tribbles CCG Final Confrontation - M.Van Breemen vs Meissner vs Hartmann vs Nugent

==========
Last edited by stoovie on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I hope the recording and/or live streaming of games will be a staple of Australian events into the future, and I will be offering technical consultation to major EU and NA event organisers to get this happening at more of our events.

Lots of lessons were learnt in this trial run, and I think things only really started going smoothly towards the end. Audio, camera angles, play areas, and choice of games to record are all things at the top of the improve-for-next-time list. :thumbsup:

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, that's my weekend booked. :cheersR:
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I missed a few tricks in my game against Ken. Will have to see how it comes across in camera.

EDIT: there's a moment at around 31:30 where I realise as I announce an attempt that I lost my mission skills on the previous turn and haven't played them again. Ken knows it but takes a minute to decide whether I have any tricks up my sleeve before giving me no dilemmas. See if you can spot the moment where I look over at Tom Paris in Ken's brig who was my only Navigation... otherwise I thought my poker face did well :).
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Resistance-is-futile wrote:Steaming worlds as amazing! /)
I think you mean streaming?

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What happens in Sydney, stays in Sydney...
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Haven't had a chance to ask yet, but is there commentary for the matches?

And if no, who wants to help me dub in some? :D
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:There is no commentary yet, I was going to record something for my game and put it on soundcloud... old wc2 style, press play at the same time.
Nah, we got technology - I'm thinking we go full Madden on this thing. Little circles drawing on screen, the works. ;)

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Please do Allen. Then I would actually watch one of those shows (sort of =)

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
AllenGould wrote:Haven't had a chance to ask yet, but is there commentary for the matches?

And if no, who wants to help me dub in some? :D
I hadn't planned on re-watching my own games, but I'd find it hilarious to watch with commentary and see what horrible mistakes I made :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
why are all these marked 'private'?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation