You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 148 posts

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
What an exhausting weekend...

I'll try and get the remaining events entered today if I don't fall asleep first... A special thanks to MvB and Slaby for making the 2E final a real nail biter; after a long weekend both made at least one stupid mistake which could have changed the tide - Michael going for 2 space first, and Slaby forgetting to play his Roadblock..! Shame both couldn't be winners.

Thank you to everyone who attended, you were all great!

By the way did we mention the prizes for the 2E Deck Lottery? An NE complete set of C, U, and R, a set of NE foils, and an NE set of C and U. Now they're good prizes...

By Damulak (Stuart Motley)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Second Runner-Up 2021
Thanks to all for such a great weekend! It was great to see some faces I haven't seen in many years - and plenty I haven't seen before.

Thanks to all who organised it all and well done to all the winners.

[NA] Khan will be back! (After some improvements!)

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Winner of Borg wrote:
The Mad Vulcan wrote:This five space [Voy] deck that only gets MWs is a real puzzler to me. Traditionally, going all space was considered risky because it was all or nothing. The opponent just needs to solve a planet and a space to pull the MW. Stefan has apparently managed to lock out all Planet solving?
not exactly... i've just had the strangest weekend. it was a combination of:
- opponents losing ships at their first mission (duh)
- opponents afraid of the above doing two planets first
- opponents doing two space missions first for no reason at all (i'm looking at you, Michael ;) )
- extremely defensive games where i drew multiple copies of Delirium and Endangered before a single Chakotay or Janeway
- very little event destruction among all my opponents, which made Delirium my power card of the weekend
- the errata to Homeward Bound and TCS slowing me down, changing what would have been easy wins before into timed games
- me screwing up once or twice, turning more full wins into timed games

anyway, great weekend, thanks everyone. but swiss day 2 sucks, for obvious reasons :)
All the thumbs up for this post.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the explanation, Stefan. :cheersR:

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Finally home after a day at work I hardly remember. Fell asleep on subway and bus home so the normal 40min ride took 2h+ =P
Still have a broad smile on my face from this weekend. Made some new acquaintances and hopefully a couple of friends.
I would have liked to have played more Games but I'll but The good Of The Game before myself anyday. =)
Hope everyone had a blast with all The new cards they got to see. All you rest will have to wait until The spoilers start dropping (real soon now).
And again, congrats to all The winners, players and especially The TD's that made this such a good weekend. 5 Of 5 Khan's, would do again.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Wow! What a weekend!

Huge well done to Nick and co. for organising such a smooth event.

Thanks to all who helped make Aberdeen Anarchy the most insane one yet. Look out for details on AA 2017...

Beer, Jager, Folk from across the Atlantic, Scissoring, The UK Lot, Khan, The Dutch, Germans everywhere. I could not have asked for a better STCCG weekend.

Will see you all at Worlds in Florida next year. Runtar is gut!

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Well done MVB. Runner up last year, champ this this.

A class act who shows skill and persistance, and well as humour.

One for the mad scientists

Honest
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
sexecutioner wrote:Wow! What a weekend!

Huge well done to Nick and co. for organising such a smooth event.

Thanks to all who helped make Aberdeen Anarchy the most insane one yet. Look out for details on AA 2017...

Beer, Jager, Folk from across the Atlantic, Scissoring, The UK Lot, Khan, The Dutch, Germans everywhere. I could not have asked for a better STCCG weekend.

Will see you all at Worlds in Florida next year. Runtar is gut!
Round 3 of Aberdeen was just mental:
- Draw 8 to start
- Rip up the next 3
- End of every turn, draw two but rip one up
- All Weapons are Doubled
- If you blow up a ship, score points equal to twice the ship's SHIELDS and also score points equal to the Integrity of the personnel killed
- If you complete a mission, instantly supernova everything at that location.

Sheer chaos, yet oddly satisfying!

By rameses niblick 3 (Glen "Lofty" Shipley)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Don't forget Niall ripping up cards because you looked at him wrong or you said you were short (obviously me) or your name was Gary

By rameses niblick 3 (Glen "Lofty" Shipley)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
What a weekend. Thanks to Nick, Will, Ken, Niall, Matt and i suppose Paddy too for all there efforts. It was great to see those of you i had met before (even Niall) and really great to meet all the new people. Mike and I had an absolute blast. I hope I see you all again soon we need to destroy more cards!!! :cheersL: Runtar ist gut

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
sexecutioner wrote:Runtar is gut!
rameses niblick 3 wrote:Runtar ist gut
It's actually spelled "Runter"
Ya know...
Just to be the grammar Nazi there... :D
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Johannes' tournament reports are solid gold. I think he's inspired me to play and focus on one game the next time I go to a big event. :thumbsup:

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
LORE wrote:Johannes' tournament reports are solid gold. I think he's inspired me to play and focus on one game the next time I go to a big event. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

I cannot stop laughing! Heroquest was one of the catchphrases of the weekend :D
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation