You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 148 posts

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Woot!!! :cheersR: :cheersL: :cheersR: :cheersL: :cheersR:

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
By the way the 1E Rainbow Sealed Warp Speed included Enhanced Premiere, Alternative Universell, Holodeck Adventure, Deep Space Nine, Blaze of Glory, The Motion Pictures, Q-Continuum, Trouble with Tribbles and Voyager (I hope I didn't forget anything). Also pulls included a James T. Kirk, a Dr. McCoy and a Borg Ship :-)
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Pazuzu wrote:Ludwin!!!

I am on my back Home now leaving to defend first place at the rainbow sealed warp speed to Mike.

I had a really great time. Thanks all for their effort and I really hope to see you soon again!!!
He did it! Your substitute won you the event!
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
Pazuzu wrote:By the way the 1E Rainbow Sealed Warp Speed included Enhanced Premiere, Alternative Universell, Holodeck Adventure, Deep Space Nine, Blaze of Glory, The Motion Pictures, Q-Continuum, Trouble with Tribbles and Voyager (I hope I didn't forget anything). Also pulls included a James T. Kirk, a Dr. McCoy and a Borg Ship :-)
Totally awesome event! And congrats to Gary on pulling the Ultra Rare Kirk!!!

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Huge congrats to Michael, Peter and Ken on their Worlds titles! Tough fields, whoever won it really had to earn it.

For completeness' sake, the best deck in the 2E deck lottery (3 FW, 1L) was built by Josef Lemberger, winning him a set of Necessary Evil foils. Myself, I managed to go undefeated with all the decks I was given (Thorsten's TOS 8472, Soren's TOS, Stuart's Terok Nor) while my own Dom Infiltration deck was piloted to two MW, one FW win and a loss for the overall winner's prize, which was a complete non-foil set of NE.

Thanks very much to all the TDs and organizers; I haven't had this much fun in ages. Runter ist gut! :cheersL:

By Winner of Borg (Stefan Slaby)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E European Continental Champion 2023
1E Austrian National Champion 2023
2E Austrian National Champion 2022
1E Borg Region Regional Champion 2023
2E Borg Region Regional Champion 2023
The Mad Vulcan wrote:This five space [Voy] deck that only gets MWs is a real puzzler to me. Traditionally, going all space was considered risky because it was all or nothing. The opponent just needs to solve a planet and a space to pull the MW. Stefan has apparently managed to lock out all Planet solving?
not exactly... i've just had the strangest weekend. it was a combination of:
- opponents losing ships at their first mission (duh)
- opponents afraid of the above doing two planets first
- opponents doing two space missions first for no reason at all (i'm looking at you, Michael ;) )
- extremely defensive games where i drew multiple copies of Delirium and Endangered before a single Chakotay or Janeway
- very little event destruction among all my opponents, which made Delirium my power card of the weekend
- the errata to Homeward Bound and TCS slowing me down, changing what would have been easy wins before into timed games
- me screwing up once or twice, turning more full wins into timed games

anyway, great weekend, thanks everyone. but swiss day 2 sucks, for obvious reasons :)

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Sad to see these three days of awesomeness come to an end. I've had a wonderful time!
Special thanks to Nick, Will, Matt and the whole GB crew for making this great event happen :thumbsup:
And also many thanks to all the great people that I had the pleasure of playing against this weekend, you guys rock :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Fritzinger wrote:I lost so many games! But I had so much fun and so many great conversations. Nick, will, Ken, thanks for organising and running.
I could easily copy and paste the above sentiments (11 games played, and just the 4 wins).

I had a blast - great games, and great meeting people I've not met before, being able to put faces and personalities to posts that I've read.
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
On my way home now - had an awesome time guys. Might take my liver a while to recover though...

Aside from meeting up with so many old friends and making many new ones, I particularly enjoyed the Aberdeen Anarchy event (which had to be seen to be believed), the 1E Pre-release, Gary pulling an UR TMP Kirk, and introducing the Dutch to Cards Against Humanity....

A great weekend with a lot of brilliant people!

:cheersR:

Runter. Runter ist gut.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation